Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone care to vote on a paint scheme for my bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone care to vote on a paint scheme for my bike?

I'm in the midst of stripping the paint off all the major parts on my bike and I've scoured GS resources (and bikepics) for some ideas on what I might try.

I'd like to keep the my 1100EZ Black in color (but not the spray can drab black the PO had on there).

I think I've narrowed things down to Solo Suzuki's Gloss Black or a Blue Cafe Racer I found here on the board (which I've mocked up in something of a gloss Black for your viewing)...

vs.

So what will it be, Gloss Black or Cafe Racer with the white stripes? [*** Don't forget to vote at the very top! ***]
    (Quick FYI: the 82' EZ orig came in Silver or Red only so it's not like I'm looking to keep things in original state).
    Gloss Black (Solo Suzuki)
    30.00%
    Black Cafe Racer with White Stripes
    70.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Guest; 11-01-2010, 11:58 PM.

Can't go wrong with basic gloss black.

Comment

I like Solo Suzuki's theme!

Comment

Well done stripes always trump one solid color, the trick is the well done part. I have been looking at hundreds of pictures of cafe racers, choppers, and other custom painted bikes to come up with ideas for mine. I have saved a heck of a lot of pictures in a paint job file. It's kind of fun.
        Edit, a few of my favorites. Not that I would copy any one of these, just use some of the basic ideas:

Great tank...

I love everything but the white and the red frame...

I like the stripes, but it needs to be black red and silver or something...

Again, sweet except for the white...

This one just rocks...
        Last edited by tkent02; 11-02-2010, 12:21 AM.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          Well done stripes always trump one solid color, the trick is the well done part. I have been looking at hundreds of pictures of cafe racers, choppers, and other custom painted bikes to come up with ideas for mine. I have saved a heck of a lot of pictures in a paint job file. It's kind of fun.
          Totally agree with you. For example:

Comment

Either will look great, but I have allways been partial to black with white stripes!

Comment

Like Tom, I feel either stripes or insets trump solid colors.It's intresting that one of the most iconic designs, (& prettiest to me) was the sideways Comma used on late 60's Triumph tanks which was done by a "custom" bike painter in So.cal. & became one of the most easily recognised . If I were building a 1000, & black was to be the color, It would be a "skunk" not because it's particularly attractive, (it's not), But because for those who know/care it defines exactly what the bike is... I believe there is a program (paintbook or other) wich allows you to scan a pic. of whaterver & allows you design unlimited motif's. play around. 1 small tip, a m/c's greatest visual impact (asside from the rider) is from the side. area is small, keep it simple. luck g

Comment

Stripes

Comment

Well done racing stripes have always been the bees knees to me. Here's an old sportster chopper I did several years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by gane View Post
                    It's intresting that one of the most iconic designs, (& prettiest to me) was the sideways Comma used on late 60's Triumph tanks which was done by a "custom" bike painter in So.cal. & became one of the most easily recognised .
                    G, got any pics of this?

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                      Edit, a few of my favorites. Not that I would copy any one of these, just use some of the basic ideas:

Great tank...

I love everything but the white and the red frame...

I like the stripes, but it needs to be black red and silver or something...

Again, sweet except for the white...

This one just rocks...
                      Purrrrfect

Comment

Im going for black and yellow on mine....Plan is before Xmas all going good..

Comment

Since so many of you seem to like cafe racers I thought I'd share yet another image I found here.

While I really liked the concept, I opted not to choose it for me for a few reasons.
                          • I didn't like how the white stripe comes so close to the Suzuki emblem
                          • I think my tank is slightly different in shape (not sure how I'd pull it off)

• I wasn't sure it would be as effective in black as it is in red.

Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by wirelessguy View Post
                            Since so many of you seem to like cafe racers I thought I'd share yet another image I found here.

While I really liked the concept, I opted not to choose it for me for a few reasons.
                            • I didn't like how the white stripe comes so close to the Suzuki emblem
                            • I think my tank is slightly different in shape (not sure how I'd pull it off)

• I wasn't sure it would be as effective in black as it is in red.

Enjoy.
                            Nice bike, although it seems like the curvy tank stripes kind of clash with the straight stripes on the rest of it. I'm sure it looks great in person where you can see how the tank contours fit the stripes. Also I'd prefer black or silver to the white part, but that's just me. Again, it's good to get a few ideas from a lot of sources...

Comment

i would say off white,almond or pearl but not plain white stripes
                              and pearl black, or starlite black

Comment

Working...
                              X