Tarozzi Rearsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarozzi Rearsets

Purchased and installed a set of Tarozzi rearsets, which I purchased from Fast from the Past, for my '78 GS550E. Vintage style, very impressive quality, perfect fit and easy installation (about 15 minutes). It's nice that you can still buy stuff like this that is designed to fit a 33-year-old bike, and does.

Of course, these rearsets cost about half the value of the whole bike, but I didn't have to do any cutting, welding or knuckle-skinning to install them.

More pics in my albums.

I put a set of Tarozzi's on my S model, too. Beautiful pieces. Pricey, yes. But, they went right on and perform perfectly. You might need to raise your shift lever, though...

1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

WOW, did not even know these existed?? Do they change the position of the foot peg or are they just replacement pegs?

Comment

They move the pegs and controls back and a little higher.

Comment

nice, I am buying a set of Tarrozi's this Friday. But I am only getting the pegs. I will be building my own mounts, and and control linkage. Saves about $150 that way.

Comment

ChicagoBob.. Do you have a shot of the right side?

QckSlvr..

Funny thing.. I'm in the middle of the same project for my GS1000.
            I made up some test mounting plates from MDF over the weekend..

Right now I have the pegs about 1" below and 2" back from the swing arm bolt..
            I may go to 2.5" back before I'm done as the spacing between the peg and mounting bolts is a little tight.

My RAASK rear set pegs were up level with the bolt and 3" back..
            That was just a bit high for me with the insulated riding pants on..

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
              I put a set of Tarozzi's on my S model, too. Beautiful pieces. Pricey, yes. But, they went right on and perform perfectly. You might need to raise your shift lever, though...

Do you have any pics of this setup?

Comment

OK, I looked up the sets for my model (83 gs1100es) and they do not show a new bracket? Does it bolt on to one of the stock braket bolt holes using an adapter?

I REALLY want a set of these, but only if it moves me back and up some...

Anyone got a pic of a set on a 83 GS1100E ?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstang View Post
                  OK, I looked up the sets for my model (83 gs1100es) and they do not show a new bracket? Does it bolt on to one of the stock braket bolt holes using an adapter?

I REALLY want a set of these, but only if it moves me back and up some...

Anyone got a pic of a set on a 83 GS1100E ?
                  A member on another forum mentioned the same thing. The picture on the web site is generic and not to bike specific. Even the instructions that came with his rear sets were not to specific. But all the pieces and parts fit fine.

Comment

The beauty of the Tarozzi's, is that they bolt right up to the stock foot peg mounts, right down to the being able to use the original master cylinder and brake light switch. To me it was worth the expense to have parts that were effortless to install and work correctly right off the bat. Much simpler than fabricating mounts of any kind. The shifter-side pic on my first post is my own S model. The comment I made about having to raise the shift lever, sschering, was a reference to the pic posted on the thread opener. You can get them (like mine) raw with knurled pegs, or rubber coated. I winced at $300..till I put them on.
                    Last edited by nvr2old; 01-11-2011, 12:05 AM.
                    1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Sorry.. I was at work when I posted that.. they block all photobucket and imageshack links so I didn't see the pic..

thanks..

I have a set of the rubber peg type and a set of the knurled type out in the shop..
                      The kits are for a GS500E but I'm making them work on the GS1000..

Comment

Working...
                      X