Going to make my seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qckslvr View Post
    I am saving some cash up, and will most likely drop $500 on a Koso cluster with some senders for the head, oil pressure, and temp.
    You could do something like I did on my 550. I made my own indicator panel and attached it to the handlebar bracket. I put LEDs on it for the turn signals (green), High Beam (blue) and Oil (red). I took the old bracket that held the big clunky cluster and cut it into three pieces, essentially removing the inside section and then mounted the left side onto the right bolt and the right side onto the left bolt. I pulled the Speedo out of the cluster and mounted it to the brackets right dead center. Of course this caused me to have to lower the headlight (Made my own brackets for that too, but it makes the front end look a bit different.

If I had taken a bit more time to fine-tune it all, it would look better, but I was on a limited budget and had to make due with the materials I had on hand. It's not perfect, but personally I think it looks pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by kparrott View Post
      Is the tail light designed for that? Or is it going to take some creative wiring?

the RSV tail light is pretty much set up for it. The lights all have individual wires that run up to the main plug. At the plug they join together, and make a 3 prong plug that is identical to the OEM Suzuki plug. I chopped the plug off, separating the left wire from the right wire, and soldered up my new 4 wire plug. Really simple, not hard at all.

As for the cluster I have debated taking the speedo off completely and just leaving the tach. My headlight is on after market brackets already and dropped a bit. I have also debated welding two aluminum pipes together and mounting the gauges in them. But no mater how you look at it, the gauges are large and clunky. The Koso is pricey, but only 1" thick, and will tuck nicely behind the headlight.

I have thought about getting a Roc City headlight bucket as well, which is designed to house a speedometer in the top of it.

I have time to think about it

Comment

Originally posted by Qckslvr View Post
        I have thought about getting a Roc City headlight bucket as well, which is designed to house a speedometer in the top of it.

I got one of those ebay moped headlights on my triumph with the speedo hole. Limited on what speedos will fit it readily and finding 4 1/2 inch 12V bulbs is best left to ordering on the internet.

It was a tight squeeze getting it positioned to look decent with an ok angle on the speedo cable.

Comment

Alright, Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
            I got one of those ebay moped headlights on my triumph with the speedo hole. Limited on what speedos will fit it readily and finding 4 1/2 inch 12V bulbs is best left to ordering on the internet.

It was a tight squeeze getting it positioned to look decent with an ok angle on the speedo cable.

How wide is that bucket in total? Could you run two side by side as a dual headlight, with a tach in one and a speedo in the other?

Comment

Been keeping an eye on your build. I have my tank and it's ready to be chopped up.

Comment

As soon as I can figure out the new tank lettering I am going to start on the tank. I have been busy with the photoshop. I even thought about turning the design over to a friend of mine that has a CNC machine to make new badges.

I have also decided I am going to "releave" the tank for the clip ons. A hand banister rail and my 8 pound mini sledge will make fast work of this.

Comment

Originally posted by afholderman View Post
                  How wide is that bucket in total? Could you run two side by side as a dual headlight, with a tach in one and a speedo in the other?
                  It's a 4 1/2 inch bulb, so ~5 inch total. Too clunky to run side by side and look decent IMO. Also, for mechanically driven gauges, you might run into cable routing troubles since the cable holes would just about line up with the the fork tubes.

Comment

Working...
                  X