Bar positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar positions

I was just looking at my bike but before I take it apart I want to know if I can simply unbolt my clip on bars that are stock and turn them upside down?

More of a cafe look like Qckslvr has
    Last edited by Guest; 01-09-2011, 10:37 PM.

I guess I'll go knock it out.

BL huh, ever go to the BL bike shop? I know a person with the last name of Morris who used to come in so I'm wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
      I guess I'll go knock it out.

BL huh, ever go to the BL bike shop? I know a person with the last name of Morris who used to come in so I'm wondering.

Nope, can't say I visited the BL bike shop. My first name is Don
      As for you bars, I made the mistake of thinking you had standard 7/8", one piece bars. Then I looked at your sig and see that your bike is a 85 GS700 which I believe has left/right side bars like the ones on my 85 GS1150. I have also looked at flipping my bars but the mount bolt will not be where you need it and the bars (at least on mine will) not sit flat.

Clubmans can be mounted but will require holes be drilled into the top triple clamp for mounting hardware.

Best, Don

Comment

Yeah they do, I pulled one bolt off before dinner... is it not going to work before I go any further?

Comment

Anyone know what size clip on's to get. I searched but came up empty as most that have been posted are refering to traditional bars.

Comment

Better yet I THINK they're 37mm, if they are where can I buy just the clips?

Comment

Better yet I THINK they're 37mm, if they are where can I buy just the clips?
              roccitycafe.com

He MAKES clip ons. I'm sure you could send him an email asking if he could make you a 37 mm clip on with out the bars.

Comment

I found some ending in 5 hours on ebay that are 37mm, 99 cents thenn $10 shipping. I need to know asap if they are 37 or not! ahh

Comment

I found some ending in 5 hours on ebay that are 37mm, 99 cents thenn $10 shipping. I need to know asap if they are 37 or not! ahh
                  1985 Suzuki GS700E, right? Yes, they are 37 mm. You can take a look at this thread. Get them now!

Comment

Haha I actually found this site.

Secure the right domain name for your business or website today. Custom tailored payment plans available to fit any budget.

But the ones for sale are a 2007 CBR600 and I can't find the size for them.

Comment

Haha I actually found this site.

Secure the right domain name for your business or website today. Custom tailored payment plans available to fit any budget.

But the ones for sale are a 2007 CBR600 and I can't find the size for them.
                      Bummer. The 2007 Honda CBR600's fork tube diameter is 41 mm.

The 2007 Honda CBR 600 RR and all other motorcycles made 1894-2024. Specifications. Pictures. Rating. Discussions. Price.

Comment

I just need the clips. This is a PITA, since I can reuse the bars themselves. Its not worth spending $40 on otherwise.

Comment

I just need the clips. This is a PITA, since I can reuse the bars themselves. Its not worth spending $40 on otherwise.
                          Are there any universities or colleges nearby? If they have a CNC machine, they can cut one for you, as long as you provide the drawings in CAD. You can't beat free!!! It's free where I'm at... Not sure about CA.

Comment

How about you have them made for me and I'll send my gf by your house?

Comment

How about you have them made for me and I'll send my gf by your house?
                              I'm an inexperienced noob with CAD drawings but I'll try! No guarantees though.

Comment

Working...
                              X