Por Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Por Patch

This stuff is great! I wanted something to help bond my tail piece to the pan, even though I brazed it in 6 spots. I also wanted to bond the plastic tail light housing to the steel shell. I had used two part epoxies before that dispense from a double tube caulking gun. But those tubes are expensive and none of them directly addressed what I wanted to do. Then the rather hot lady working at a different shop, with out patting an eye said "you want Por Patch, nothing else." She was right, this stuff adheres to anything, stops rust, and is pretty rigid. Can even use it to repair holes in fuel tanks. Nice thing about Por Patch over Por 15 is you can directly paint over it without a special base coat. But Por Patch is very much like the rest of the Por family of paints extremely tough, hard to sand, and eats rust.

Just thought I would share my experience with it. Good stuff at only $18 a tube.

Great info to know, thanks for sharing.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
    X