Painted my rear wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted my rear wheel

Finally got around to painting the 1150 3.5" rear wheel I picked up. I used Duplicolor wheel paint in graphite color. It was gold color originally, and I was debating whether to paint the front gold to match the rear or the rear to match the front, Went quite well, I might take off the front and paint it as well.

Do the front now--you'll be glad you did later. The rear looks great--nice color choice!

Comment

Look good. What kind of prep work did you do?

Comment

Originally posted by dr_fosg8 View Post
        Look good. What kind of prep work did you do?
        I washed/degreased it, removed the old balance weights and sanded the glue off, taped off the aluminum colored parts. Did a last wipe , let it dry and started spraying it.

Comment

Looks great! Did mine a couple weeks ago, cleaned, took to kitchen sink wet sanded at 400 ended up with 1500 grit then used mothers and clear coated. After mounting sedelen mentioned about clearcoat yellowing if so will fix when time for tires or brakes. Anyway that looks great.
          Last edited by Guest; 01-30-2011, 10:40 AM. Reason: spellin

Comment

Got the tire and mounted it.
            Used a Battlax BT-45V 150/70/17

Comment

Lots more rubber than my old setup, handles good too!
              Thanks to TCK for his tutorial, went real smooth.
              New EBC rear pads and newer rear rotor.

Comment

That looks reallly good, I prefer it to the gold, nice job there.

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
                  Got the tire and mounted it.

Hope you cleaned up that rim before mounting the tire.

It appears that there is a LOT of crud where the tire sits that might interfere with a good seal.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I had the bike shop mount and balance it with a new valve stem. I didnt touch the bead, the guy at the shop said it would be ok.

Comment

Working...
                    X