Rear-sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear-sets

As I add to the fleet, I can't stray from the GS. Lately I find that as soon as I'm not going to be shifting, I move my feet rearward so the balls of my feet are on the pegs. This seems the most comfortable bend for me, so I'm thinking my next purchase will be some rearsets. Anybosy got any advice? Disco-volante's are much cheaper than Raask. Anybody have them?
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

I'm going to fit some 2001-2003 GSXR's to my bike. You will need to weld a plate to the frame to mount them, but other than that, they should work. I'll post a pic of them installed later. I only have the brake side and still need the shifter.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
      I'm going to fit some 2001-2003 GSXR's to my bike. You will need to weld a plate to the frame to mount them, but other than that, they should work. I'll post a pic of them installed later. I only have the brake side and still need the shifter.
      Very cool, man. I'm thinking it's a winter project. Can you keep the passenger pegs?
      "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Can you keep the passenger pegs?
        Oh yea - I forgot that you might still have those pesky duel shocks to contend with. They may not work for you if you need paggenger pegs. Billy migh have some insight on this for you also.

I have a mono installed on the rear so I'm looking at using the GSXR passenger units also.

Comment

I've got early '90s GSXR rearsets on mine. I had to 86 the stock passenger pegs. I'm not sure of your arrangement Bert, but if I ever get the urge for passenger pegs again I will just get a set of universal folding pegs and either clamp them to the subframe or weld another plate to the subframe and bolt the folding pegs on. That ought to put the passenger's knees up around my neck. Just have to make sure they're female passengers.

Comment

Just have to make sure they're female passengers.
            That's a given. No male butts hit my seat when I'm riding - besides mine that is. Glad I made the last qualification. 8O

Comment

Working...
            X