Lost my battery cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my battery cover

First ride, and the battery cover is gone.

Gonna go out tomorrow morning to retrace my steps and see if I can find it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyone have any luck on ebay or anywhere else? I've only found left covers on there so far.

Check Fleabay or the parts wanted section here. I would suggest replacing the grommets that hold it to the frame, as well

Comment

Welcome to the club :P

I've lost mine in the past as well.

There are still replacements.

And when you get another one, Tie something on to it because they will fall off again.

GS 400 gs 450 gs 425 gsx400 all have the same side covers in the L model 1981- and up to 83 I believe
      Stephen.
      1981 GSX540L "Frankintwin"
      1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
      Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
      GS twin wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
        Check Fleabay or the parts wanted section here. I would suggest replacing the grommets that hold it to the frame, as well
        +1 on the new gromets.
        The gromets are probably why you lost the cover (assuming the cover was infact inplace all the way).

My experice is that the side cover over the battery/fuses is less avaialbe used on Ebay (and higher bids) than are the cover on the other side. I figure cause that cover is taken off more and set aside and then lost or broken, or cames off after haveing not been put back on all the way.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

This guy has had them crop up quite regularly over here in Aus, but not sure what the postage would be like:

I used to ride with him but haven't been in contact for years, seems a reasonable enough fellow if a little pricey at times.
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

+1 on the new gromets.
            The gromets are probably why you lost the cover (assuming the cover was infact inplace all the way).
            Unfortunately the "L" doesn't have gromets on the right side

Only a single one on the bottom of the left side, Witch surprisingly holds well

On the Right side there are two hangers on the top and the only thing holding it on is a drum with a key slot that you turn to lock it in place.

Spring pressure holding the drum in the lock position is the only thing holding it on.

We are talking about an 82 gs 450l, are we Mike? I'm just going by your sig.
            Last edited by Mekanix; 03-25-2011, 05:38 PM.
            Stephen.
            1981 GSX540L "Frankintwin"
            1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
            Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
            GS twin wiki

Comment

I bought one for my 79 GS550L from www.cyclepartsnation.com they cost me about $42 but I was tired of looking and getting wrong parts from other places. I got an OEM one.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Mekanix View Post
                Unfortunately the "L" doesn't have gromets on the right side

Only a single one on the bottom of the left side, Witch surprisingly holds well ...

Oh. Okay.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                X