X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must have been doing it wrong!

So, this is how to wash your bike:

Daniel

A real man would have opted for a brush car wash with hot wax.

Comment

I like this method MUCH better....

sigpic

SUZUKI:
      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
        So, this is how to wash your bike:

Daniel
        LOL - you were joking right Dan?

Hi-pressure washing is a Very Bad Idea for motorcycles. All the electric accessories, and the engine, are right out there, where hi-press water can get forced into crevices, cause shorts, and conjure up all kinds of electrical and ignition gremlins. Use at most a stream from a garden hose, or better yet, a washbucket of mild soapy water and a clean rag, followed by a rinse bucket of clean water and a clean dry rag to dry it off, then apply wax as desired.

May be if you've got an all-plastic-encased bike like a Honda Pacific Coast taking it to the car wash is going to be no different than a car, since the plastic body parts will shield all the electrics. Even there, what's behind of or on top of the dashboard is still fully exposed to the hi-pressure water. Would you do this kind of wash to your convertible with the top down? Would you do it to a car with the hood removed? Thought not.

It was a joke, right?

Comment

That's definitely a new way to take a bath too...wonder how he convinced her to sit there with him throughout the whole ordeal.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

No wonder Harley riders laugh at the rain.
            Current Bikes:
            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
            X