Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more modern looking seat makers??

Hello all,

I am wondering if there are some companys out there that make more modern looking seats for our older bikes? Seems like i saw a very clean white gs1100 (maybe) on here awhile back and it had a seat on it that helped to make it more modern looking in a street bike sort of way. More edgy/angled i guess one could say as opposed to the flatness of my seat. My bike sorta has that look being that it had been gsxr converted before i got( i believe) Ive heard about corbins for quite some time now... mostly for comfort, but they can have a nice look to them as well. My 3 interests in a seat. Nice modernish look, Good comfort, Bit of a lowered sitting position. Can anybody think of anything? 82 gs1100e btw...

A Corbin would be just the thing, based on your specified criteria. Looks good with the GSXR mods too (check out Posplayr's bike). I actually prefer the ergonomics with the higher flat seat, but the Corbin has plenty of fans, and there's no denying, it looks great on the '82/'83E.
    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

That big old comfortable flat seat is why most of us prefer to ride GSes. New seats suck, even expensive ones.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        That big old comfortable flat seat is why most of us prefer to ride GSes. New seats suck, even expensive ones.
        I dont think mine is stock actually... Its kind of got these ridges in it, some sort of weird tag, and it doesnt fit the greatest. Main reason for me is ride height,... its a little too tall for me, so i'm changing it and i want it to look as good as possible as far as what im seeing in my head too. I'd been planning on a corbin up until i saw that white bike on here... figured i'd do some digging...

Comment

If it is too tall, you can take it to an upholtery shop and have it cut down and recovered. If you have a little tag, it is probably a Sasslemen or similar cover kit on a stock seat. Those are DIY covers, so installation quality varies a lot.
          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

This is a corbin

Comment

Send it to Sargent with a description of what you want & about $300 later they will send it back to you rebuilt to the shape you wanted with a brand new cover (in fancy carbon look as well if that takes your fancy...).

Sargent do a great job.
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Ugh I hate those flat seats.

I guess it's fine if your fat, lol.

But to have that on my 650 is annoying.

But this is probably because my seat material is going very flat.
                It hurts like crazy after 45 min on the road.

Comment

That is a nice looking bike, and a nice looking corbin. Is that a stock corbin? Looks a bit different than on the site if i remember right. Hell something like that would be just fine...

Comment

I've often wondered what the hell the japanese were thinking when they made the seats for some of these old bikes. Especially when it comes to the rear section where the passenger might sit.
                    They damn sure didnt make em for little assed Japanese women. So this leads me to believe they think all American women have fat asses.
                    sigpic

82 GS850
                    78 GS1000
                    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                    .................________-|___\____
                    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Ah, they do.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddieu View Post
                        That is a nice looking bike, and a nice looking corbin. Is that a stock corbin? Looks a bit different than on the site if i remember right. Hell something like that would be just fine...
                        Not sure i stole that from bikepics. But foam can be cut to shape with an electric turkey knife and any upholstry shop can cover it however you want.

Comment

Just went and got a new battery for her. Checked out the tag on the seat while putting it in. Yep a saddleman or sassleman or whatever. Actually not that bad looking... just not my cup of tea. Guess i'm leaning towards taking it to a local upholstery shop here in kc at this point. Was kinda hoping for a cool manufacturer to pop up, but it will be nice to not have an extra seat laying around either. Thanks for all the input guys!

Comment

Another option if you can find one would be Guiliari. I have one for my 82 Kat and find it comfortable, albeit a little taller. Nice thing about mine is it has a fiberglass seat pan.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinapankake View Post
                              Another option if you can find one would be Guiliari.
                              Giuliari seats for the 1100Es are pretty rare...came across a couple new ones on ebay U.K a few months ago, but they went for huge $$. Not sure how well they would suit the 1100E lines.
                              Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen one on a Kat, either.
                              '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                              Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Working...
                              X