I need a decal removed and replaced on a side cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a decal removed and replaced on a side cover

I need the right side cover re-decaled on my red GPz750. The OEM one is cracked a bit and sliding. I have a source for the decal. I can ship the side cover and decal, no problem.
    I have restored this bike and it is the last bit to be done.
    I realize it is small change, a quick job, but I want a professional job because the rest of the bodywork is perfect.
    If you know of someone who can provide this service for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

It's not quick ?? Does it have clear coat on it?

Comment

Perhaps I should clarify: I mean it should not be a 2 week job, rather an afternoon or something, IDK.
      how do I tell if it has clear coat?
      I could post some pics....
      As you might be able to rell, I know nothing about paint. I can do almost anything mechanical or electrical, but paint escapes me.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2011, 06:40 AM.

Comment

PM sent. Call our shop and talk to Tony. Thanks, Chuck. Resto Rides is the name of our new bike shop. Our focus is on 70s and 80s UJMs..However we will work on just about anything, We do polishing, custom and OEM painting, carbs, whatever you may need done we can get it done. We also have a great list of vendors for outsourcing chroming jobs..
        Last edited by chuck hahn; 05-16-2011, 09:43 AM.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Thanks, Chuck. I'll give him a call.
          Anyone else? I'll be looking to do it at the beginning of next week, after I get back from the Brown County rally.

Comment

Working...
          X