Fairing windshields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairing windshields

Came across this site and have windshield for just about everything.

Industry leader in aftermarket and custom motorcycle windscreens. We will bring your windshield ideas to life!

Thanks for the link.
    '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

That site had a Sports Touring Wind Screen for the "S" fairing. The stock screen directed the wind directly into my chest and making the wind noise in my helmet terrible. Putting my arm across the screen about 2" above it redirected the wind up to my neck. The wind screen is 6.5" taller and should direct the wind over my helmet. Just what I have been looking for. Thanks again for the link. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
      '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Keep in mind that they emboss their logo (or at least they did at one time) what they sell. It's really ugly and impossable to remove...
        Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Sorry to hear that, but this time I'm looking for function.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
            That site had a Sports Touring Wind Screen for the "S" fairing. The stock screen directed the wind directly into my chest and making the wind noise in my helmet terrible. Putting my arm across the screen about 2" above it redirected the wind up to my neck. The wind screen is 6.5" taller and should direct the wind over my helmet. Just what I have been looking for. Thanks again for the link. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
            I seen that they had all different heights of windshields and thought it would be helpful. I'm tall and it's always hard for me to find things tall enough, can always make something shorter. Good luck with the new shield and hope it works the way you need it to.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
              Keep in mind that they emboss their logo (or at least they did at one time) what they sell. It's really ugly and impossable to remove...
              True but it's really not that bad, I bought mine from them and the logo doesn't seem to be the center of attraction. In fact it's almost invisible now and I've had it for a couple years plus the bike lives in the garage.

Just my .02

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Got the windshield, apparently they heard the complaints about the logo. There were two gold logos on each side of the screen. It took about 4 rubs with 3M Lens and Hard Plastic Scratch Remover to make them disappear. The screen is quite good and would be even better with the clear cover for the headlight, but it's not necessary and might overheat the headlight. Sorry about the fuzzy picture, getting old is so much fun. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
                Last edited by OldVet66; 05-26-2011, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Got the windshield, apparently they heard the complaints about the logo. There were two gold logos on each side of the screen. It took about 4 rubs with 3M Lens and Hard Plastic Scratch Remover to make them disappear. The screen is quite good and would be even better with the clear cover for the headlight, but it's not necessary and might overheat the headlight. Sorry about the fuzzy picture, getting old is so much fun. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
                  It really didn't take long for mine to just wear off. I like that windscreen, you've got the same fairing as me, I'm trying to picture in my mind how my bike would look with that screen but the problem is that I kinda cafe'd mine out so it might not look very good, maybe I'll get one and mount it just to get a good idea what it'd look like.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

The screen is quite good and would be even better with the clear cover for the headlight, but it's not necessary and might overheat the headlight. Sorry about the fuzzy picture, getting old is so much fun. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
                    I like it. I bet it really keeps the wind of your head and chest.

Comment

It certainly does, and best of all, I can now hear CCR at a good listening level, wind noise has been cut at least by two thirds and I can ride with visor up if I want to. It will make a good year round fairing.

Comment

Working...
                      X