• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump to get your opinions

Comment

Originally posted by trinitysj View Post
      I think it would look better with a more traditional stripe, maybe checkered like the Yoshi replicas. These lightning bolt-ish stuff that's going on there distorts the nice vintage lines of the bike, in my humble opinion.

Comment

I like the pointy stripes. WAY better than your first black image. Plus the yellow looks good.

If your gonna make a custom bike do it properly and make it grab some attention. Too many black customs IMO.

Comment

You might do a search on Reno Air races. I've seen some interesting paint ideas on those airplanes.

Comment

Hey not too many people liked my green and black until they saw the parts I had painted together.

Paul

Comment

Black out the entire engine,go for it.

1978 GS1000C
              1979 GS1000E
              1980 GS1000E
              2004 Roadstar

Comment

OK... here it is only partly put back together. I took the advice on the lines and thing they turned out good. Putting logo's and other stuff on tomorrow.. red "s" on the center of the rear fender and a 'year of the pig' logo on the tank. (means something to me)

Comment

What do you guys think? Vote using the poll above...
                  Color me "meh" on the greenish on top of the tank (or is that shadow?) but overall "okay".
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                    Color me "meh" on the greenish on top of the tank (or is that shadow?) but overall "okay".
                    that is a shadow.. it is all one color...

and here it is...
                    I also moved the plate to the bottom...
                    and lowered the front fender a little...

I think it turned out fantastic.
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-25-2011, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Yellow is not for me or my bike, but it works for a "race" looking bike like yours. Hey, what so they call that small faring/windshield unit? I have a 80 1100e (SQUARE HEADLIGHT) . do they make one for my bike? If not I am gonna have to change to round, cause I think it would be sweet for my rebuild..(build thread coming soon)

Comment

it is a viper fairing.. you can find them all over ebay for about 60-90 bucks... thanks for the comments too... appreciated..

Comment

Working...
                        X