Custom driver backrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom driver backrest

MY first bike that i got running a couple weeks ago. I had some spare time and started making a removeable backrest for long trips. It will push up against the little sissy bar and also have straps holding it in place under the seat.

Anyone have any thoughts on how i should better shape this. Id like to keep the front as tall as possible to hit the correct spot on my back. Should i angle it down to match the rear fender or just scrap it all. THANKS

another angle

Comment

from the back

Comment

I doubt you'll get it looking much better than it's looking now but why not buy one of the bigger tailbags? Stuffed full they make an excellent temporary backrest.....

I have one of the Nelson Rigg ones & it is at least as high as that....

Search for pics of the 2010 Slimey crud run - you'll see it fitted to a red Honda VFR someone very kindly lent me for the weekend..
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I have a set of the Tourmaster Courtech Saddle bags. Those and the tail bag to match the set stuffed with pillow filling would be an ideal back rest and you would have space to put stuff.
          '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. DR '82 650g,

I've never been once for form over function. As long as it works for you, then why not?

Anyway, let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
            Last edited by Guest; 05-27-2011, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X