I love it when a plan comes together.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it when a plan comes together.

Not wanting to run any standard street bars I've found online for the 850, I was trying to imagine how cool it would be to run a set of ATV low (my favorite bend) bars. But they all have that goofy cross bar that bolts/is welded on; unless you run fat bars.

-lightbulb-

After rifling for far too long through my various bins in my garage, I found a set of bar adapter/risers for my LTR450 quad. Suzuki quad... maybe they'll fit, right? They fit the triple perfectly; hardware and all. So essited I can run a set of good looking fatbars now. Without having to modify anything.

Good thinking Hannibal

Nice! It's always a good thing when you can reuse stuff and not spend moneys.

Now where are the pictures?

Comment

Gotta buy bars first. Gotta have the yardsale this weekend to buy bars. Gotta clean up the bike mess to have yard sale...

Vicious.

Seriously, I'm planning on making enough off of this yard sale to finish the bike off. Bars, tires, throttle tube, battery, brake stuff... -crosses fingers- Pictures then, promise.

Comment

Haha good deal! Everything in its due time I guess. Good luck selling your used things to other people! Especially if it's funding your build.

What kind of tires are you looking to get? There are almost as many tire preference threads as oil .
        I would suggest not the cheapest option, you get what you pay for. And you want good rubber. Especially if you plan on riding it anything like your CBR.

PS A buddy of mine had a '08 600RR and my 850G could always keep pace through the turns, he only had me off stoplights and top end lol. Good tires are esential.

Comment

Just make sure that the bars don't get your hand crushed on turns.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
            Haha good deal! Everything in its due time I guess. Good luck selling your used things to other people! Especially if it's funding your build.

What kind of tires are you looking to get? There are almost as many tire preference threads as oil .
            I would suggest not the cheapest option, you get what you pay for. And you want good rubber. Especially if you plan on riding it anything like your CBR.

PS A buddy of mine had a '08 600RR and my 850G could always keep pace through the turns, he only had me off stoplights and top end lol. Good tires are esential.
            Either going to run the Shinko 777s or 230s. Probably the 230s since they're higher rated. I am a total Bridgestone nut hugger, but they don't make anything that fits the front wheel (that I've found) and all the other big brands are WAY too proud of S and H rated tires. Pirelli wants almost as much for a set of tires for the GS, as I pay for my W rated 003s

Comment

Look up the Bridgestone S11 Spitfires. That's what I run on my '82 850G but the '79 may have a different wheel size. I'm not sure.

If you haven't looked them up yet do. They are an excellent tire with good value too.

Link for the rear.

Link for front.

They also look to be on sale right now. Nice.
              Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2011, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the link!

Comment

No problem. They are also dual compound tires which is cool. You don't wear out the centers on the boring ride to the fun roads

Comment

Working...
                  X