Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using spray in bedliner as tank and fender paint.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    So you don't really like the idea?
    He doesn't really like much of anything. Except for giving everyone else a hard time.

I say, it's your bike, do what you want.

Comment

Check out Upol Raptorliner, Its an epoxy type, so its very durable, 4 years in the back of my jeep and still in great shape. Also very easy to apply with the included gun ( and I can hardly spray paint well)

Comment

Originally posted by kinnet View Post
        He doesn't really like much of anything. Except for giving everyone else a hard time.

I figured, I was being a bit sarcastic

Comment

Originally posted by kinnet View Post

That about sums it up alright.

Comment

If everyone put effort into building something to how they think the next owner might want it, we'd all be building things back to OEM. I don't want OEM, and I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of bitching when I'm finally done with this bike, lol.

:EDIT:

Speaking of which, here's where I'm at now:

Last edited by Guest; 06-04-2011, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I like the finish on that. It's much finer grain than what's on mine.

I never have understood the brake light and tag bracket on the swing arm though.
              Dogma
              --
              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
              '80 GS850 GLT
              '80 GS1000 GT
              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                I like the finish on that. It's much finer grain than what's on mine.

I never have understood the brake light and tag bracket on the swing arm though.
                I love that look, I always have. Although I misunderstood Florida law and got a horizontal mount instead of a vertical one. My dad (who's a cop) came by today and mentioned that they aren't illegal any more. I'll probably be changing it out with a vertical one now.

Comment

That looks awesome! I want to see what the tank looks like. Great work.

Comment

I did what I had to do with the GS450. And I only sold it for $550, no profit involved there.

About the bedliner, it is very hard to remove but very durable. I am currently trying to remove the bedliner off of my 1100E. I tried a DA sander with 150 grit and the sand paper was destroyed within 1 min.

It's not that I don't like bedliner. I just think that the stock red 1100E was sexy as a stock bike . Looking good there!

Comment

I used Linex on the inside of my "S" fairing to cover repairs and add a little strength, but wouldn't use it on anything else except for maybe a messenger service rat bike.
                      '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Here's a pic of mine - can't see it too well, but it may give you an idea of it. Rustoleum bed liner from the spray can. It's a look smoother than the roll on and not nearly as durable - it's already chipped in a few places, but fixing that was really easy. And I just used painters masking tape.

Comment

I put that bed liner stuff on an AK47, and it looked pretty good, and it is tough. On a bike it is sort of a road warrior look, not all bad, I have seen a lot worse finish ideas. I think rustic might be the word.

Comment

Working...
                          X