Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Anyone ID this fairing?

Hi,

I am attempting to purchase a new windshield for the fairing on my bike but am having a little trouble getting a positive identification on what brand/model the fairing is. I purchased the bike with the fairing attached and cannot find any identifying marks on it (model number, name, etc). It appears at one time or another it had a little deal on it that said the brand, but it has fallen off at this point. Can anyone lead me down the right path to ID'ing this fairing?

If anymore pictures would be helpful please let me know. The bike is a 1981 Suzuki GS1100E.

I am hoping I can purchase a slightly taller windshield at http://www.bikescreen.com/index.html.

Thanks,

Jake

It is a Tracy, not sure of the model.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Tracy series II (2001-8 series) "8 hole". Run it through ebay, replacement screens are out there.

Comment

You guys are awesome. I didn't think I'd get such quick and definitive answers. They sell a replacement screen at www.bikescreen.com but it appears to be the same height. I checked eBay and they have a replacement screen that is taller and cheaper. Score! Looks the same shape (only taller), same screw layout, etc as the existing screen.

Pretty excited for this. I like the look of the fairing - but the minimal wind protection left a bit to be desired.

I'll post up some pics when it arrives.

Comment

I have a complete fairing with hardware; pics are here
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

PM me if intetested

Comment

Received the windshield in the mail today. Fits the fairing almost perfect! Only thing is the screw holes don't match up from the windshield to the fairing...no big deal though. I plan on filling in the old holes with body filler and laying another layer of glass on the backside of the fairing where the holes are. I will then drill new holes for the new windshield. If anyone has any better ideas I would be happy to hear them as I am just doing what seems right.

Thanks.

So close....

Comment

Interesting that the holes don't line up. Best guess is that it's not the Series II -2001, but a Series II -2002. I'd just drill the fairing to match the wind screen and get some wide foam tape in black from the hardware store or a glass shop to pad the mount area and cover over the unused holes.

Comment

Working...
              X