Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What gas tank will interchange with a 82 GS650G

I hope this goes here.

Well I got hosed on the tank that was supposed to come with my bike that I just bought. It was supposed to be a new factory tank. The kid gave it to a guy to make a peanut tank out of it. It is now cut in half. So I'm looking for a tank. Can you guy's tell me what will work on my 82 GS650G. Right now I just need anything to make it run. Thanks

Well I hope this one will work. It seems like a nice one for $50 comared to what else I've seen.

It's from a 82L. Will it be the exact same as my 82G. Thanks.

Comment

That L tank won't fit at all. What you need is a 650E or G tank...

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Well that just sucks.

Can anyone confirm what the difference is. Is there something I can mod and make the "L" work just so I can ride the bike until I can get the right tank. Anyone have a G and L they could measure. Thanks.

Comment

I've got an 82g tank I'd sell you.

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
            I've got an 82g tank I'd sell you.

cg
            What would you take for it.

I'm doing a carb rebuild, cable's, boot's and all right now. So I'm pretty well motorcycle poor at the moment. If you still have it in a couple of week's I would be interested. Can you send me some pic's. Thanks

Comment

not a bolt in

a buddy bike
              80 650GL
              A 83 1100Gl tank dropped right on. No mounting lined up, but it wouldn't be that hard to do. I bet the seat would hold it down just fine.

Comment

Working...
              X