Dropped My Tank Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropped My Tank Today

I was replacing my tank today after doing some work and it slipped out of my hands and fell on the other side of the bike, right onto the concrete. Put a large dent in the shoulder of the tank right by the steering head. I'll post some pictures tomorrow because after that happened I quit for the night. I hadn't been planning on painting my bike until next season but looks like plans may have changed...

Aarghhhh!!!!!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

That sux and this is now water under the bridge so save it for next time....

DONT DROP YOUR GAS TANK !!!!
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post

Especially don't drop it right after you paint it!
        I came SO close on the red 650.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I'll try my hardest. It was definitely one of those slow motion moments.

Comment

Originally posted by afholderman View Post
            It was definitely one of those slow motion moments.
            I can sympathize. Be glad it was not the whole bike .
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I am gonna grip the new skunk tank so hard it may have finger dents in it!!! I think i would actually cry if it got dropped.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                I am gonna grip the new skunk tank so hard it may have finger dents in it!!! I think i would actually cry if it got dropped.
                I've seen the post of that paint job, I would cry along with you.

Comment

I can sympathize. Be glad it was not the whole bike .
                  Or three of them.

Comment

I'd cry jut seeing a grown man cry.
                    sigpic

82 GS850
                    78 GS1000
                    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                    .................________-|___\____
                    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

What a bummer. It can be repaired I would think and repainted to the point no one could ever tell it was dropped. I don't know if I'd cry, no
                      I wouldn't cry, but I'd be really upset for awhile. I get real nervous (I'm not a nervous person) everytime I remove my tanks for any reason.
                      sigpic
                      Steve
                      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

I need to not read thism thread anymore and get the meer thought out of my mind. Fedex shipping tracker says my skunk stuff is to arrive tomorrow... I dont want to have to cry!!!!!!!!!
                        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                          I need to not read thism thread anymore and get the meer thought out of my mind. Fedex shipping tracker says my skunk stuff is to arrive tomorrow... I dont want to have to cry!!!!!!!!!
                          It will be okay, just lay down a bunch of pillows when you go to mount everything up.

Comment

I would would wrap that skunk tank in about 5 layers of bubble wrap, install and then cut off the bubble wrap....I swear.

Comment

Working...
                            X