Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid question: how to remove 450A seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid question: how to remove 450A seat?

Hi,
    Feel a little stupid posting this, but I cannot figure out how to remove the seat on my GS450A. I tried doing a search of the forum, but guess I am not a good searcher. I also checked Cliff's website, but no luck. Both my owner's manual and service manual just state "remove the seat." From what I can figure, there are two spring clips, one on each side. But rotating them doesn't seem to release the seat. So, any and all guidance would be appreciated.

On some GS450 bikes, you have to remove the rear turn signals I think ..

Then lift the seat from the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
      On some GS450 bikes, you have to remove the rear turn signals I think ..

Then lift the seat from the rear.
      May not have to remove them completely, just loosen them enough to lift the seat mounting tabs.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yes that is correct. There are 2 bolts at the rear of seat lower that hold the seat and fender together (unbolt). Then there are spring loaded latches on each side near the front of the seat. Reach under and trip the latches and slide seat toward the rear of bike. Much easier said then done. I might add.

Comment

Thanks all. Will give it a try next weekend.

Comment

two bolts at the rear of the seat. Would have been nice if suzuki included that in the owners manual huh? even the tech manual i have for mine doesnt have anything about it.

stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by rangerdanger View Post
              two bolts at the rear of the seat. Would have been nice if suzuki included that in the owners manual huh? even the tech manual i have for mine doesnt have anything about it.

stupid.
              Agree, stupid not to have instruction. Just to close this out, I want to note that the tabs are tightly held in by friction, so the seat does not easily slide back, at least on my bike. Have to lift the rear up first away from the bolt hole and then slide the seat back to clear the front catches.

Comment

Working...
              X