Some hi-res photos of my first bike!

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...p?albumid=1544

Like the two tone paint.

1978 GS1000C
    1979 GS1000E
    1980 GS1000E
    2004 Roadstar

Comment

Nice looking L model. Unlike others, I think they look cool.
      Current Bikes:
      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Very nice,good colors

Comment

Thanks!

I'm going to be giving it a fresh coat of paint soon. My dad and I stripped and sanded the side panels and are ready for priming.

I'm thinking about painting it British Racing Green.

Comment

Very nice looking bike. Clean, stock, and very nearly complete.

I see your #2 pipe is very blue though. Typical causes of such lean running are a faulty vacuum hose between #2 carb and the petcock, or a perforated diaphragm in the petcock. This may lead to symptoms of running out of gas before the tank is empty, fuel flowing through the vacuum line into the crankcase (if the petcock valve itself fails too), or running lean enough to hole a piston. In other words, it's important. Or, it could just be valves way out of adjustment. If they're far enough out to turn a pipe blue, you may be working on burning a valve.

Learn to ride, learn to wrench, eh?

Welcome to the GSR. All the answers are here, even if you're not asking questions!
            Dogma
            --
            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
            '80 GS850 GLT
            '80 GS1000 GT
            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Nice plan and good luck with your first bike. First item would be to get rid of that old worn Chen Shin Marquis rear tire (and front too)....I have a rear taillight lens from a 650E, so check if it will fit the L model and PM me about details, if you want it.

Comment

Working...
              X