Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color matching help for 1985 Gs550

Hey

I have done some search on this but wasnt able to find much.
    I need to repaint the fuel tank on the bike and I want to try to match the color to the factory colors.
    Can anyone tell me how do I find out what is the code for the paint? I read that you can look up the parts catalog and such and I was able to locate the white pearl color used, but havent been able to find the blue tone used.

Should you guys have any ideas on where to find the color code and maybe where to get the paint, please let me know.

Thanks a bunch

Victor

Hi,

The Suzuki color codes and color names are usually on the fuel tank page of the parts fiche. Use the last three digits in the tank part number for the color. The Color Code Charts are in the parts fiche too.

For the 85 GS550EF:

(#1) 149100-43410-7JH
    TANK ASSY, FUEL
    MODEL F OTHER THAN CALIFORNIA 149100-43420-7JH
    (CA) TANK ASSY, FUEL
    MODEL F CALIFORNIA ONLY 149100-43410-7JJ
    TANK ASSY, FUEL
    MODEL F OTHER THAN CALIFORNIA 149100-43420-7JJ
    (CA) TANK ASSY, FUEL
    MODEL F CALIFORNIA ONLY 268110-43440-7JF
    (#2) .TAPE SET, FUEL TANK
    MODEL F,FOR 7JH 268110-43440-7JG
    .TAPE SET, FUEL TANK
    MODEL F,FOR 7JJ

And the color chart...

There is a cross-reference to the Color-Rite colors in your "mega-welcome".

Here's the link:

Paint Codes - Use this chart to cross-reference the Color-Rite color codes to Suzuki factory codes.
    http://members.dslextreme.com/users/storagecliff1/images/suzuki2paintcodes.htm.

So, for example, the 7JH color tank will contain colors 22R (Pearl Cool White) and 12F (Candy Alpine Blue).

Now, checking the Color-Rite cross-reference chart, 12F translates into Color-Rite's 1999U base and 4200U top coat.

Wow, maybe I should start charging a consulting fee?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Last edited by Guest; 07-22-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

BassCliff

A Mega Thanks for putting this.
      I am in the slow and painfull process of restoring the fuel tank and figured to do it correctly so I am thinking of spending the money and doing it right!

Thanks again.

PS: I checked Color Rite site and they have the 12F Blue color, but no luck on the 22R Pearl white. Do you know any place that will offer it?

Thanks
      Last edited by Guest; 07-25-2011, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X