need headlight mountings for 82gs650g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need headlight mountings for 82gs650g

my 650 had that big ugly vetter quicksilver fairing on it(the one with very distinct 80's designing) and i took it off...im hoping maybe someone has the two mounting brackets for the headlight and turn signals...otherwise ill be making my own....also, the round headlight is much cooler looking than my rectanngular one...anyone got a spare?

thanks in advance, Ian

You could also post it in the "Parts Wanted" section. And if you search the web a little you could find some nice universal headlight brackets but making your own is cheaper. Goodluck!

Comment

I guess I am kinda in the same situation...except mine is gs450 instead of a 650. If you come across a mounting bracket for the headlight and turn lights for a 450, please let me know. Thanks

Lan

Comment

I had the exact same thing with my '78 550 - removed the Vetter fairing, & found out I had to get new headlight mounts. I found a generic chrome set that clamps around the tops of the fork tubes for about $15.00CDN. However, I prefer to use original parts- I found a set at a wreckers near my home, but there were many available on ebay.

Comment

It's a pity you guys aren't in Australia cause I want to put a fairing on my GS650G kat and get rid of the h\light & brackets.

Comment

Working...
          X