gs1000s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1000s

just bought a wes cooley lookalike fairing on ebay.it has the 8" hole for the headlight to fit my1000e that i am redoing in s type configuration.when mocked up on bike the headlight is too far recessed for my taste.anyone have pics on proper mounting on the original?looks as i may have to bracket the headlight bucket forward to flush the opening.also would like source for luggage rack so when i take my jacket off i won't have to sit on it

The head light is recessed in quite a way on the GS1000S, sort of level with the return taper on the fairing.

Comment

Paul's right, the headlight sits nearly against the rear edge of the fairing and is not flush with the outside of the hole.

Comment

By the way, I have an aftermarket 1000S fairing also I got along time ago. Just thought you should know I don't actually have a 1000S.

Comment

Re: gs1000s

Originally posted by maynard
          just bought a wes cooley lookalike fairing on ebay.it has the 8" hole for the headlight to fit my1000e that i am redoing in s type configuration.when mocked up on bike the headlight is too far recessed for my taste.anyone have pics on proper mounting on the original?looks as i may have to bracket the headlight bucket forward to flush the opening.also would like source for luggage rack so when i take my jacket off i won't have to sit on it
          Please tell me what search criteria you used? I have been seaching ebay for a month for one of these and haven't seen an auction yet!

This is no first for me though

Comment

I just search for GS1000S, I also tick the box that says "Search title and description"
            Another way to get more hits is to select located in "Any Country"
            In theory that gives you every GS1000S part on ebay in the world!
            But people might use G S 1000 S, og GS 1000S, or other variations. If you hit on one like that you may get a bargain because a lot of people won't see it!

Comment

1000s Fairing

Guys I have a couple of genuine 1000s fairings,
              email me for details, I will be putting them on ebay shortly

None of the fairings have screens or mounting brackets

Regards Simon

Comment

i just type in gs1000 about once a day.usually 40-80 hits.suzuki fairing is how i found my windscreen.now if only my search for rack comes in my bike is done.well i am going to fix the tach leak replace the fork seals maybe progressive springs polish the engine clean under the seat new chain adjust the cargs.......................maybe i ain;t never gonna finish

Comment

Working...
                X