Replacement mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement mirrors

So as I was riding I noticed that my left mirror was causing a rattle over about 4k RPMs. if I held the frame around the glass the rattle stopped. So I removed the mirror and sprayed some WD-40 on the ball on the back of the mirror and when I went to wiggle it the metal housing tore.
    At this point I guess I'm looking for some new mirrors on a budget.
    Anyone have any good stories or feedback on changing the mirrors out?
    I saw these two options which are about the budget I have.

I got some from these guys. Very good selection

NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
    Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

I like the one's in the first link.
      If for nothing else aesthetics.
      sigpic

82 GS850
      78 GS1000
      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
      .................________-|___\____
      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

If you are swapping out the mirrors. You may want to go for some with a longer arm length. I found the stock mirrors a little short, and could not see directly behind me. I swapped them out for ones with longer arms and problem solved. Bar end mirrors have great visibilty, if you like the look.
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

I found these that look ok for about $30 delivered for the pair. Not sure if I should spend the extra $2 for black instead of chrome.

Comment

I actually replaced the mirrors on my bike. I used some mirrors off of a Buell. They have a long arm on them so they have a great view. They don't completely get rid of any vibrations, but they don't show up until around 6,000-6,500 rpm at highway speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by apopleptic View Post
              I found these that look ok for about $30 delivered for the pair. Not sure if I should spend the extra $2 for black instead of chrome.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-B...item2eb71e8e2c
              Think those will show you a lot of shoulder IMO.

Comment

Working...
              X