Novel use of my GSR Patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Novel use of my GSR Patches

I was staring at my Rooster fairing and at the little speaker grills that I had covering the vacant holes when it dawned on me. I wonder if I can somehow fit my patches into those speaker covers?....hmmmmmmm...
    Well, as it turns out, I could, and I think they came out pretty darn good. Here ya go...

I think it's funny how the blue on the right and red on the left looks like cold and hot on the sink faucet.
    So, wha'dya think?
    Current Bikes:
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Bravo, nicely done. Makes me wish I had a fairing.
    1980 GS1000E

Comment

Very creative, but starboard is green.
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
        Very creative, but starboard is green.
        No, it isn't. It's blue. Never trust a picture.
        Current Bikes:

Comment

Very nice!! I too one day will have patches like those.

Comment

Now that's pretty cool.

Did you make the clear window for it too or was it already like that?

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
              No, it isn't. It's blue. Never trust a picture.
              He's (bccap) referring to nautical and aviation terms for NAV lights.
              Last edited by wacky941; 09-11-2011, 11:39 AM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

That's downright fantastic. I can't wait to get home and get mine sewn on my tank bag.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
                  Now that's pretty cool.

Did you make the clear window for it too or was it already like that?
                  I just happened to have some remnants of 1/8" thick plexiglass in the garage I had left over from when I made lowers for the windshield of the Honda Shadow I used to have. I made the windows out of that. I just cut the grills out of the speaker covers and on the back side was an indentation just exactly the same diameter as the patches. I cut the plexiglass to that diameter and fit them down inside the groove, siliconing them in. I put the patches on the the window, and then cut out covers from some thin flexible black plastic I had to hold it all together. It's like these speaker covers were meant for this. When I first took the speaker cover off the fairing to look at the back of it, the patch fit right down into that groove and I thought, "Hey, this could work!"
                  Current Bikes:

Comment

Nice touch.

Comment

Working...
                    X