82 650 G front fender interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 650 G front fender interchange

Does anyone know what front fender's will fit on my 82 650 G. The original is plastic. I would prefer a chrome, or metal one. I was told that the same year E would work, but not sure I really like the funky flip up in the back. I was also told that one from a L would not fit because of the fork's being different.

So. Anyone know what will and will not fit. Thanks.

You'll probably want one from the beloved "L" model GS bike....I think they were known for having chrome "everything", haha.

I think all the mounting brackets are the same?
    I have 3 different GS bikes and all of them look the same?

Comment

L bikes with a leading axle won't work, dispite what some will say. I know, I bought one and tried it.

A chromed 650e fender on a 650g. The picture is in my album.
      cg
      Last edited by Charlie G; 09-27-2011, 02:21 AM.
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

My 650G had a chrome 650 L fender on when i got it, he had made it fit by hogging out the mounting holes.
        It looked really stupid.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

So Charlie. Care to tell what this fender is off of. Or is it a secret.

Comment

Originally posted by Quick Cal View Post
            So Charlie. Care to tell what this fender is off of. Or is it a secret.

I really don't know what it was off of. I got it on a 1980 450e I owned. It's not a stcok 450e fender as far as I can tell. I bought another 450e fender off e-bay and noticed that the new one matched most of the chrome fenders in the gallery on GSR and I assume that this was the correct fender for the 450, were it now resides. If you find out let me know.

cg
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

It is an L fender. Want another one?

Comment

Working...
              X