Recommend me some handlebars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allie View Post
    I sure can, I don't know what chicanerous trick the camera angle is playing, but I see out of them just fine. No Migs are sneaking up on ME.

I'm glad you found the chart useful, even tho I deleted it. I'm suspicious of the rise measurement though, the Superbike bars don't look very high to me yet it says the European bars have less rise.
    I saw that. They claim the Superbike bars are 0.64" taller (1.64 cm to y'all metric folk). You have to admit yours are pretty low. Are they comfortable?
    I just started my bar search. After riding my very comfortable GPz the stock GS bars made me feel like I was rowing a boat, so they have gotta go. I'll have to add the European bars to my short list of the Daytona and Superbike bars.
    On a related note, I noticed the black bars slammed at times for the black paint being easy to scratch. Any truth to that?
    mini-hijack over.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
      I saw that. They claim the Superbike bars are 0.64" taller (1.64 cm to y'all metric folk). You have to admit yours are pretty low. Are they comfortable?
      I just started my bar search. After riding my very comfortable GPz the stock GS bars made me feel like I was rowing a boat, so they have gotta go. I'll have to add the European bars to my short list of the Daytona and Superbike bars.
      On a related note, I noticed the black bars slammed at times for the black paint being easy to scratch. Any truth to that?
      mini-hijack over.
      Yeps I find them pretty comfortable and a big improvement over stock bars. You can ride fairly upright yet it's much easier to tuck down and it's easier to shift weight forward. I do have long arms though.
      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
        Here is a pic of my bike with a new set of European bars.

Hey those look familiar! Glad to hear your liking them.

I really like my Euro bars, and also find them very comfortable. Only after about 300 miles do I get a slight twinge in my back. Of course I have not been able to do a nice 300 mile ride for quite some time due to school starting up again... However the sporty low euro bars are also very beneficial for my current riding situation, which is pretty much limited to 30 mile blasts down highways and back before class. I've found the steering is much improved over the stock bars, and the bike is much more flickable. Plus the chrome looks classy.
        Last edited by Guest; 10-04-2011, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X