Best place for engine bolts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place for engine bolts?

Looking for metric bolts for a gs750 from 1978. I've come upon a few ebay places:

One is really cheap but I'm not sure it would have everything I need! I wish I knew the size of the screws without just removing all of them... sounds like a long day with the good old impact driver that I've been meaning to wait till another day for. Where have you guys been getting yours?

Stainlesscycle is where I got mine for the '77.

Comment

Where are you at? I get a lot of mine at Ace Hardware to include the real good grades if you look careful enough.

And if you look in the parts fiche, you'll see the bolt measurement in the part number (have you read over the welcome package from Basscliff yet?)
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Z1 sells some nice complete kits.

Daniel

Comment

I don't know why I didn't just go there first. Guess I'm pretty familiar with their section for my bike, but a search always pulls up something extra...

Comment

90% of the hardware at ACE

Comment

FWIW, the stuff at Ace is very expensive in comparison, even the non-chromed fasteners are far from cheap. It's far more cost effective to order a whole set that is specific to the model. You'll spend a lot less money and a lot less time because you won't have to match all of the different lengths. If sticking with phillips heads, one will find that the heads are larger than OE. I went with the allen sets on both my '77 750 and my '81 1100E and am very happy with them.

Comment

Just go to the local metric fastener supplier. They have everything, it's all dirt cheap.

No paying 100x the normal price for metrics like at Ace.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by GS ace View Post
                  Stainlesscycle is where I got mine for the '77.
                  Got my carb set here.

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                  Z1 sells some nice complete kits.

Daniel
                  Got my motor set here. Pleased with both purchases.

Comment

Working...
                  X