Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Bed lining tank and side cover...!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I don't think you are going to have the greatest success sanding bedliner. It will take forever if it has cured.
      1984 GS550ES
      Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
      4700 miles

1978 GS1000E...Resto-mod to come

Comment

looks like ass.
        that is all.

Comment

It would look much better to just smear a big turd all over the bike. Eat some corn first for addd texture.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

yeah, im not nuts about how grity it is. However, I did a section after it settled. It looks much better. Im going to attack it today and then go over it again.

Comment

Comment

Sorry Pooleo but I think that would have worked out better had you done it on a test piece first to see how it looked.

With that said, I hope you enjoy the ride as much as possible. That's what really counts.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Think this is the definition of polishing a turd.

Comment

Originally posted by pooleo View Post
                    well, I did it
                    Hope you enjoy the bike and its new look. Personally I don't care for it but that is not important because its not my bike. One thing is for sure, you'll have plenty of grip for when you hang off in the corners!

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                    It would look much better to just smear a big turd all over the bike. Eat some corn first for addd texture.
                    I literally laughed out loud in my office when I read that! Glad I wasn't drinking coffee at the time or I'd be wiping the stuff off my computer monitor and keyboard.
                    Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                    Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Friend of mine Line-Xed his beast of a Triumph. He loves it, he calls it his wash and ride bike now lol.
                      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                      X