Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katana 1100 tank swap - Please help!

Hi,

I am trying to find out (with not much luck) if there is another tank I can run on my Kat (I am rebuilding mine, and I want to go for the round headlight streetfighter look).

If anybody knows if the GS1100E tank will fit, I like that design.

Cheers,

Tim

[QUOTE=gs1000racer;1607972]Hi,

I am trying to find out (with not much luck) if there is another tank I can run on my Kat (I am rebuilding mine, and I want to go for the round headlight streetfighter look).

I played around with that concept a few years ago. Anything can be done with the appropriate cutting and welding tools. It is not worth the hassle. If you want the GS 1100E look, get a GS1100E and part the Kitty. The two bikes are not that similar.
    My 2 cents, it's not worth slicing up a Katana. There's lots of eager buyers out there for parts. My katana chassis went to a very happy buyer in Canada.
    streetfighters

Comment

Originally posted by gs1000racer View Post
      Hi,

Cheers,

Tim
      It will fit. The rear (where it it bolted to the frame) is different. El G.

Comment

Working...
      X