headlamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlamp

Painted the chrome ring around my headlamp black... I like it and I'm working on making the fender black too.

I like it!!!!

Comment

still too shiny, if you painted the bucket and left the ring.....

Comment

Now you got me thinking... If I painted it black it would definitely look good or might blue to match the tank and plastics look better?

Comment

I used plasti dip on the chrome ring on mine just incase i want to go back to chrome

Comment

Originally posted by cmo 317 View Post
            Now you got me thinking... If I painted it black it would definitely look good or might blue to match the tank and plastics look better?
            A lot of people I see who black out portions of their bike, sometimes are just getting bored with the way their bike looks and end up with a rattle can of flat black, and spray the daylights out of everything, and then profess their bike looks bada$$...but really looks like shi%!, and you de-value it so you couldn't even sell it, you know the bikes, wannabe 50 dollar cafe/street fighter. To me, if you want to lose some of the chrome, but actually look decent, go with a better quality of paint without breaking your budget, rattle can is ok, use something like engine enamel, usually goes on smoother, use a satin finish, not shiny, but has a look like it belongs there, can finish up with a clear to give it a little toughness, less chipping, and if you use an engine enamel, it also good for higher heat and has some fuel resistance properties. And if you want to revert to chrome on something you painted, don't sand,or brillo, or wire wheel, use a non-caustic stripper, so it won't damage the original finish. It's your bike, but take your time, researh other bikes, and see what looks good together, satin black and red or yellow, Satin black with blue and/or silver, google some custom bikes, you'll see combo's that look good and some that are hideous.

Comment

That is some good advice. There are just somethings I think are hideous on my bike. (chrome fenders, turn signals, and taillight).

Comment

Fenders are one of my next projects as far as paint goes, I already shortened the rear, replace all the signals with smaller ones(about 1/3 the size) but kept the same look of them, and replaced the enormous tail light with a smaller good looking one.

Here, you can see the signals with the handlebar change, got new mirrors coming, should be on this weekend.

Comment

Nice looking! That's exactly what I would like to do. Those stock lights are way to bulky.

Comment

The signals are super cheap, but take a long time to ship (china) you may find some here in the US but will pay more, if you can find them, I didn't want the same as everyone else look that some have with their signals, I mean they look good, I just wanted different, I ordered my tail light from china as well, only because at the time, time wasn't a concern, but they sell them here too, and still fairly cheap. Bike really needs a frame off for paint and cleaning, but I want to ride this year, so next winter, unless another project comes along.

Comment

Here's a pic of the reverse of what your doing...you be the judge

Comment

Working...
                      X