No announcement yet.

clubmans look sweet, too uncomfortable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just painted my drag bars black and stuck them on today. i had super bike bars on them before and they are comfortable but it just takes away from the sleek minimal totalitarian look of the bike.

Comment

I have clubmans with a very small set of risers. You can get differing widths of the curved part of the clubman bars, I got mine from airtech and I can rotate them over the top triple clamp. I am also 5 foot 4 and have the inseam of a 12 year old (in fact, my 12yo daughter is taller than me) so I'm not in great need of rearsets and can ride my bike for hours without a break. I guess it comes down your size and shape as to how comfortable you are going to be with clubmans, but I reckon if you are much taller than me, I'd be looking at rearsets to go with the new bars.

Comment

I'm looking on ebay at rearsets, i just put my feet on the passenger pegs anyway when i ride longer streatches, i guess it would be nice to be able to brake and shift . I've never looked into getting them and i really Don't have any idea how they function. They just bolt on and use levers to actuate the existing brake and gear shift? Are your old pegs still usable?

Comment

Originally posted by veg View Post
          . I guess it comes down your size and shape as to how comfortable you are going to be with club mans.
          Fitness and technique have a great deal to do with their comfort also. I had them on the RD for a couple of year before I returned it to stock.

Comment

Originally posted by kb_air View Post
            I'm looking on ebay at rearsets, i just put my feet on the passenger pegs anyway when i ride longer streatches, i guess it would be nice to be able to brake and shift . I've never looked into getting them and i really Don't have any idea how they function. They just bolt on and use levers to actuate the existing brake and gear shift? Are your old pegs still usable?
            You could buy a set of newer sportbike rearsets off of ebay for cheaper then the ones made for our bikes. You would need to make your own brackets though, you could either make a plate or have someone fab up a prettier looking mount.

These also look really nice and are very well priced, no mounts though. I might pick up a set of these in the future.
            LINK

Comment

Easiest rearsets are by Tarozzi, from fastfromthepast.com. Install in about 10 minutes, are adjustable, look cool, feel great, but cost about $300.

Comment

Working...
              X