82 GS850G seat REDUX !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS850G seat REDUX !!!

I have a 82 850G and the seat looks like new,BUT the foam is sooooooo soft that you can lean on it and touch the frame.I'm a big guy,275# and 6'1" so I'm need a FIRM seat !!.Has anyone ever replaced the foam with SUPER firm foam??.Does anybody make a foam kit??,or ????.Also anybody know a good source for off the shelf touring type seats???.The look of the seat is not that important,long range comfort is !!.

I've got pretty much nothing for your seat woes, in Denver we've got a place called BD's, they sell just about every type of foam for upholstery you could imagine.

I really wanted to say, AWESOME sidecar!

Comment

unfortunately same here man i know there are some seats with a back support for the GS's but ive newer tried one or head any experience with one.
      btw, your bike looks awesome!!! where did you get that fairing?

Comment

Contact Sargent Seats, they sell their foam separately.

Comment

Sorry, nothing to add about the seat, but are those ammo cans as hard luggage? They're awesome.

Comment

+1 on the Sargent Super Cell Atomic foam. I have used it on several bikes and it works great. Last time I bought it the cost was around $20 per square foot. One square foot should be plenty to do one layer over some of your existing foam.

Thanks,
            Joe
            IBA# 24077
            '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
            '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
            '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Wicked cool rig!! I have never liked sidecars or the big fairings (my dad had Gold Wings)......but, I love the look......

Comment

I like that fairing. What kind is it? Where'd you get it?

Scudder

Comment

There is a square foam insert under the seating area on your existing seat. The stock "82 is pretty soft, Kind of like a 'memory foam" type stuff. If you can get your cover off without damaging it, It is easy to cut a stiffer piece of material to put back in there.
                  I have my '82 seat apart right now, and I'm replacing one layer with some black open cell foam.
                  If you can't save your cover, both Pit-replica and saddleman have covers.

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas,I will try to take off my cover and give it a go,I have built a few seats so maybe it will work.Thanks for the comments about my sidecar,I built everything by hand except the tub and the fairing.I was told by the guy I bought the fairing from that it was on a 1975 GT750 police bike !!.I got it for $10 from Ebay and paid $90 to ship it from Florida !!.It needed major fiberglass repair but turned out pretty good and it's covered with bedliner.YES Ammo cans make great saddle bags!!, they are $20 each with NEW seals and are water tight..

Comment

Working...
                    X