• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
    Rats!
    I had offered him $100 for it.
    He said that he would pack them up.
    Guess he changed his mind.
    Perhaps he needed a "fix" straight away?

WTG Larry!

Eric
    Or, perhaps he just didn't wanna sell em to you?
    sigpic

82 GS850
    78 GS1000
    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
    .................________-|___\____
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Hey I'll be in Spokane tomorrow.. I'll give ya $60 for the fairing!..

LOL.. KIDDING!! I wouldn't do that to Chuck.. I spent all my bike $$ anyway..

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
        It is..but this fairing must have come off another bike that had the Cooley mirrors on it. Its not painted as a Cooley so thats about al I can think of. Hey Larry..any telling overspray indicating it was once on a Cooley???
        One of the first questions I asked was does this fairing have the rolled beads on the trailing edges, and is it made of ABS plastic. The answer was no. It's fiberglass w/o the rolled edges , which automatically eliminates it as an original fairing. Whether it was originally on an S model, hard to say. The S model could've had the fairing broken at some point, and the original mirrors from that swapped onto this aftermarket fairing.
        Last edited by nvr2old; 04-26-2012, 03:42 PM.
        1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by sschering View Post
          Hey I'll be in Spokane tomorrow.. I'll give ya $60 for the fairing!..

LOL.. KIDDING!! I wouldn't do that to Chuck.. I spent all my bike $$ anyway..
          Ha ha! I'm pretty sure Chuck didn't really want it. I've actually already promised it to a member of this site for just the shipping cost to get it to him.
          1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Ill give ya 25 bucks to promise me you wont send it to me!!!!
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
              Ill give ya 25 bucks to promise me you wont send it to me!!!!
              Make it $50 and you got a deal.....
              1979 GS1000S,

Comment

You take all my cash now..how can i pay for tanks and the next project??
                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Gentleman, thank you for your assistance. Dropped by my local shop, who buys out everybody who goes broke. Woohoo !!!!! 2 lefts, and 1 right. 80 bucks apiece. Ebay UK, here I come !!!
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Time to play the lottery.

Eric

Comment

You bet Eric. Thanks for your help, and advice.
                      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                        Gentleman, thank you for your assistance. Dropped by my local shop, who buys out everybody who goes broke. Woohoo !!!!! 2 lefts, and 1 right. 80 bucks apiece. Ebay UK, here I come !!!
                        Great find..... I suspect your ROI will be quite impressive.

Comment

Rippin' deal even at $80. The last new one I bought, 2 years ago, cost $58 from Bike Bandit before they ran out. Let us know how the auction goes.
                          1979 GS1000S,

Comment

If you got those from Modern I'm going to shoot myself in both feet. Or I'll pour a beer on Murray's head tomorrow night 'cause he never mentioned he had them. Mind you, he's got lots of stuff he doesn't know about. I guess I should have asked.
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Your going to rat me out ? Oh,oh, I'll have to stay away for a while. I told him the first one was for a friend in Australia. Then when the kid went back to find the right one, he said there was another left. So I told him to go back and I'd buy everything with the words 1000S on it. But that was it. Ended up paying just under 80 bucks a mirror, taxes included. Are you going to the show on Sunday ?
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Your going to rat me out ? Oh,oh, I'll have to stay away for a while. I told him the first one was for a friend in Australia. Then when the kid went back to find the right one, he said there was another left. So I told him to go back and I'd buy everything with the words 1000S on it. But that was it. Ended up paying just under 80 bucks a mirror, taxes included. Are you going to the show on Sunday ?
                                Don't worry, fair is fair and my lips are sealed. Yeah, I hope to make it but don't know what time we'll be there. I saw the post about an 11:00am meet but really don't know what time I'll be there. Maybe PM me your cell number.
                                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                                X