Who makes the best fork gaiters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who makes the best fork gaiters?

I am planning to put fork gaiters on my 1978 gs 750. I have a friend that has them on his Triumph Bonneville and has to replace them every couple of years. I don't know if that is what to expect, or if there are better gaiters out there. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rancho, heavy duty, and cheap, like 3-4 dollars ea. Napa auto

pic with the recent airshocks which have thier own gaiters

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
      Rancho, heavy duty, and cheap, like 3-4 dollars ea. Napa auto

Those do work well...a lot of the BMW K-bike guys use them...
      You can also research gaiters of some older BMW R bikes, but they are considerably more costly.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

They do make extremely heavy ones, but I like these as they are relatively cheap and available everywhere. Just make sure no matter which ones you use, make a weep hole (small) in the bottom of one of the folds, it will allow the gaiter to rise up and down smoothly with the travel, otherwise it will create a suction and try to pull away from the top or bottom, these also work OVER the dust boot, so you don't have to remove them and have added protection.

Comment

Another option is fork guards...

Would you like to share the experiences you have had with a new accessory, part or vendor? Post your review here.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            Those are nice, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I noticed in that thread some think the gaiters are ugly, I kinda like the old_skool look.

And with that said....I'm officially a post whore, with 1000post, now I'm going outside to actually get some work done, tune in later.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
              Those are nice, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I noticed in that thread some think the gaiters are ugly, I kinda like the old_skool look.
              I don't think they are ugly...
              They don't look correct on all bikes, like maybe my Triumph, but on an old Suzuki...they look good!

And with that said....I'm officially a post whore, with 1000post, now I'm going outside to actually get some work done, tune in later.

Congratulations on this very significant achievement!

Comment

I wish NAPAs around here had motorcycle parts... Or do those go on offroad shocks for trucks?? Havee a part #??

Comment

Originally posted by DannyMotor View Post
                  I wish NAPAs around here had motorcycle parts... Or do those go on offroad shocks for trucks?? Havee a part #??
                  Rancho RS 1952 for truck shocks...

Comment

Ordered...

Comment

Baatfam,
                      I've got 50 yrs. of Brit bikes in my past so without gaiters, the girl looks half dressed!
                      Niels

Comment

Originally posted by ndaugbjerg View Post
                        Baatfam,
                        I've got 50 yrs. of Brit bikes in my past so without gaiters, the girl looks half dressed!
                        Niels
                        'course, I see nothing wrong with half dressed girls!

Comment

Working...
                        X