Sandblasting prices in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandblasting prices in Chicago

Does anyone know about how much I should expect to pay to have my pipes/collector and muffler sandblasted in or around Chicago?

I'd like to have a ballpark price in order to determine if a place has prices that are way out of line.

If it's up around $300, I would probably just consider getting a new Vance & Hines 4-into-1, but that sounds like it would be a lot for what I'm guessing would be a relatively quick and easy job.

I'd really like to hold on to my Kerker exhaust system, as I don't see them around very often and I love the way mine sounds. I does need some cleaning up and there are nooks and crannies that I just can't effectively remove rust from. The chrome is pitted in a number of spots and I'd like to strip it all off and paint the whole thing black.

MC...I got my whole supertrapp exhaust system blasted and ceramic coated for $225...
    That was in Naperville...

Originally posted by MadCapsule View Post
    Does anyone know about how much I should expect to pay to have my pipes/collector and muffler sandblasted in or around Chicago?

I'd like to have a ballpark price in order to determine if a place has prices that are way out of line.

If it's up around $300, I would probably just consider getting a new Vance & Hines 4-into-1, but that sounds like it would be a lot for what I'm guessing would be a relatively quick and easy job.

I'd really like to hold on to my Kerker exhaust system, as I don't see them around very often and I love the way mine sounds. I does need some cleaning up and there are nooks and crannies that I just can't effectively remove rust from. The chrome is pitted in a number of spots and I'd like to strip it all off and paint the whole thing black.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      MC...I got my whole supertrapp exhaust system blasted and ceramic coated for $225...
      That was in Naperville...
      Ceramic coated too, eh? And that's still less expensive than a new V & H exhaust.

Good to know.

Thanks!

Comment

Comment

MadCap:

I have a sandblaster kit for my compressor. Although blasting sand in my alley would be no good, if you want to try a round of soda blasting with it, let me know.

Comment

I have a local guy around here who charges $60/hr for sandblasting. I don't know how long it would take, but I have to imagine it should be less than $100 for just sandblasting.

There's a joint near Detroit that does a ceramic coating that looks just like chrome, and they come highly regarded by the guys at cb1100f.net. The service includes sandblasting/prep, but I'm not sure about the final price for an exhaust system. Look them up, they're called QC Coatings.

Comment

Two CBR rims sand-blasted for $60.00.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                That looks really nice! Where in Naperville was this done?

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post
                MadCap:

I have a sandblaster kit for my compressor. Although blasting sand in my alley would be no good, if you want to try a round of soda blasting with it, let me know.
                I just might take you up on that. I'll let you know when I get my bike back.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCapsule View Post
                  That looks really nice! Where in Naperville was this done?

They use to be in Yorkville, but the guy shut down that shop and is working out of this place here:

There is no sign for Performance Powder Coating...so it gets a little confusing if you just show up. And call first, as the guy who handles the car/truck/bike stuff is not always there.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Bob.

I might be checking this place out shortly.

Comment

Working...
                    X