seat pan fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seat pan fitment

Will a seat pan from a 79 gs750e fit my 77 gs750? I'm looking to put a seat like the one in the link on my bike. I don't want to destroy the original seat that's on the bike.

I have a seat similar to that for sale.

It fits a 1980 750e. I have no idea how many generations it covers.

Check out my thread

It's seat #4. Maybe the picture will help ya out. I'll sell it to ya cheaper than that ebay one if ya want it. The pan is a little rusty, but it's still solid. The seat itself is in great condition.

Comment

Thanks for the offer, but it looks like your seat hinges at the back and mine hinges on the side.

Comment

Mine hinges at the front, then has a locking thing in the back.

Bummer.

Comment

bummer indeed

Comment

That's not a seat pan - it's a seat cover + foam. Check the fine print

Comment

'77-'79 GS750 B, C and E seat pans are interchangeable.
              '78-'79 1000 B, C and E seat pans do not fit on a 750 BTW.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                '77-'79 GS750 B, C and E seat pans are interchangeable.
                '78-'79 1000 B, C and E seat pans do not fit on a 750 BTW.

Eric
                Thank you. Those were the details I was hoping for.

Comment

If you are trying to fit a different seat pan, you can rig one up that uses the hinges on the frame. That's what I did.

Others have done more clever fittings with sheet metal, etc. My treated lumber and plywood rig works fine though. If you don't cut the frame (I lopped off about 6" from the tail), you can return the original seat to service.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post
                    If you are trying to fit a different seat pan, you can rig one up that uses the hinges on the frame. That's what I did.

Others have done more clever fittings with sheet metal, etc. My treated lumber and plywood rig works fine though. If you don't cut the frame (I lopped off about 6" from the tail), you can return the original seat to service.

May have to give that a shot.. I love the ingenuity. Pretty sweet cafe you have, btw.

Comment

Working...
                    X