No announcement yet.

From a sow's ear..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! That baby got here fast, Joe. Wrapped up my day cleaning and re-painting this beauty. It looks so much like the front ones I got from Eric, makes me wonder if they weren't separated at a tender young age and have just now been reunited.. Thanks for the rotors, you guys. I've wanted to do this for a long time.

and this one..juuuust for you, Chuck..

1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
      Wow! That baby got here fast, Joe. Wrapped up my day cleaning and re-painting this beauty. It looks so much like the front ones I got from Eric, makes me wonder if they weren't separated at a tender young age and have just now been reunited.. Thanks for the rotors, you guys. I've wanted to do this for a long time.
      Larry,

I'm glad to help out and also proud that I can now say I have a tiny bit of history with your awesome bike.

Joe

P.S. It looks great, not that I expected anything less.
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Got the disks all mounted up..took it for a ride, and even though it doesn't really have better braking power then the stock rotors, it sure as hell looks cool..

When I went to remove the rear wheel, I started to take the chain gaurd off, only to discover it was broken. Where the rear mount attaches to the guard, it was broken completely off. Only attached at the front. Tried to epoxy it back together but it wouldn't hold, so until I can find another one, I fabbed this one up from some steel channel that I had laying around. Better then nothing.

1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Now that, is what a Cooley should look like!

Eric

Comment

When I went to remove the rear wheel, I started to take the chain gaurd off, only to discover it was broken.
            If its the same guard as was on my 78 1000E, You can have one I messed up painting. (dust-sand scratches)
            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
              If its the same guard as was on my 78 1000E, You can have one I messed up painting. (dust-sand scratches)
              Thanks, that's a very generous offer. Are you talking about the one you painted with the PPG? Looks pretty nice. You sure you want to let go of it?
              1979 GS1000S,

Comment

Stunning work as always Larry, absolutely beautiful.

Got the disks all mounted up..took it for a ride, and even though it doesn't really have better braking power then the stock rotors, it sure as hell looks cool..
                They will in the wet, where it counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                  Stunning work as always Larry, absolutely beautiful.

They will in the wet, where it counts.
                  Good point. Might be one of the only times I'll look forward to riding in the rain..
                  1979 GS1000S,

Comment

Come on, Larry..... Let's have some fun, put those mirrors on Ebay as a pair and let's see what happens.

Comment

Thanks, that's a very generous offer. Are you talking about the one you painted with the PPG? Looks pretty nice. You sure you want to let go of it?
                      Yes, the same one I painted with Shopline. The plan was to redo it this spring until fkvn gave me a perfect one off His 78.

If you want it, PM me you address and I'll ship it out
                      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Man oh man that bike looks sweet! I have a (sort of) related question to ask:

What size front tire is that? And how do you like those Continentals? I was leaning towards the Pirelli SDs but those looks sweet...

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
                          Yes, the same one I painted with Shopline. The plan was to redo it this spring until fkvn gave me a perfect one off His 78.

If you want it, PM me you address and I'll ship it out
                          Awesome. I'll get that right off to you. Thanks, man!
                          1979 GS1000S,

Comment

Originally posted by AX2007 View Post
                            Man oh man that bike looks sweet! I have a (sort of) related question to ask:

What size front tire is that? And how do you like those Continentals? I was leaning towards the Pirelli SDs but those looks sweet...
                            Thanks for the compliment on the bike, I appreciate that. The front tire is a 110/90x19. I really liked the "look" of these tires, too, like slicks with a tread pattern, and they came highly recommended from a hot-shoe friend of mine. But to be honest, they're not quite what I had hoped for. They never have given me a confident feeling the way a set of (my favorite tires) Michelin Macadam 50's did. They always feel a little slippery when banked over on them..never fully "planted". They're not crap by any means, but I think the next set will be Pirelli's, Avons, or another set of Michelins if I can even find them..which was one of the problems I faced originally when buying this set.
                            1979 GS1000S,

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                              Come on, Larry..... Let's have some fun, put those mirrors on Ebay as a pair and let's see what happens.
                              Believe me, I've thought about it, Rich, but the prices they seem to go for actually put me out of bidding range if I ever do need to replace one, or both. I could never afford the insane prices these things seem to go for, and the supply is only getting more limited. I was stoked to find a cheap pair that I could restore. It would be fun to see what they'd go for, though..
                              1979 GS1000S,

Comment

As the stock mirrors are only good for checking your shoulders for dandruff,
                                I am going to be using something like these on my Cooley fairing:

And would really prefer to use these readily available Suzuki items that also work better and even look stock:

They sure look like they mount very similarly and would not break your heart if they were to be damaged or stolen.
                                There are probably other sets available out there that work better and look better on the bike IMHO.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                                X