No announcement yet.

'82 gs 850 cafe done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that tube on the tank a visible fuel gauge of sorts?
    Is that something that other bikes have used or of your own design?

Comment

An idea stolen from bikes of yesteryear... I like it. Don't think I could ride it for more than 10 mins but I like it...
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I was in such a hurry to see the tank graphic, I missed your 'and fuel gauge' text.

I'm sure it won't be the last obtuse question or comment I make around here...

However let it be known that I DID see the similar color schemed cage in the background.
        Mustang?

Comment

Nice job. Lots of little details you worked on. Like the polished valve cover with the black cylinders and no round end caps. Makes it look kind of like an old KZ engine.

Comment

Thank you....yeah...my bike almost matches my stang....lol. Its all powdercoated. Came out great. I love the fuel gauge....always the start of a conversation. The cam end covers are not on cuz I only have one. Looking for a set. Trying to decide what to do next. Maybe newer front fork set up....rear sets....exhaust?

Comment

Originally posted by lemmon95gt View Post
              Thank you....yeah...my bike almost matches my stang....lol. Its all powdercoated. Came out great. I love the fuel gauge....always the start of a conversation. The cam end covers are not on cuz I only have one. Looking for a set. Trying to decide what to do next. Maybe newer front fork set up....rear sets....exhaust?
              Maybe you could make some small flat aluminum plates an polish them for some bling, or just put some stainless buttonhead screws in the holes. I actually like it without the caps.

Comment

looks better without the caps? Maybe i WILL put some type of screw in there....

Comment

Looking gooood man. What did you do about relocating the headlight? Or are those the stock brackets I can't tell

Comment

just thrawling through the different threads here and wow that turned out very well!

nice one.

Comment

Looks like a successful project! Congratulations.

Comment

I used the stock brackets......cut the ends down where they mount to forks and rewelded them....it brought the light down pretty far. Then I put my own fabd up clip ons ontop of the headlight brackets.

Comment

Working...
                        X