Paint scheme help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint scheme help!!!

I need help deciding what color/colors to paint my bike tanks and plastics. Its a 1983 gs550E. I have 2 sets of plastics & 2 tanks. One set has some cool side fairings I havent seen on any of these bikes. I kno all of these look good in the pics but they are all sanded & primed at the moment. The tank was rusted out and the replacement tank paint was bad so I stripped it & primed it all. I would like the 2 colors to be fairly different. I may sell a complete set of tank & plastics at some point if I dont want them anymore and if I get some good input here, they could be yours someday! Pics should be in my albums if you are wondering what im working with.

For what it's worth the stock schemes in your album was awesome. I'd say replicate that. Also that EF fairing is super cool.

If you don't want to go back to a stock paint scheme, what sort of colors do you like? I'd caution against having the fairing a separate visual element, as it can look so much better with some integrating graphics. Take a look at some bikes with similar fairings (modern sports bikes) and see what sort of things they do to integrate the fairings into the body of the bike.

Comment

Working...
    X