Knee grips: Grip tape!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knee grips: Grip tape!

This cost 5 bucks... and if you hate it, you can tear it off... but it works SLICK and looks pretty good to boot!

No "Daytime" pic, but this gives you a good shot... Doesn't change the over-all look, but provides a bit of function in protecting your tank and giving a solid place to put your knees.

Please excuse the blur.

what is it ????

Skateboarders tape ?

Comment

Yessir. It's about 180 grit, black skateboarders tape for skate decks. Handy crap. Cuts easy with scissors.

Comment

They make a few products specifically for this purpose. StompGrips are my fav as they come in crystal clear, rubber nubbies that don't tear your pants up and they leave no residue on the tank

Comment

Real men rely on superior leg muscles
          or a hot glue gun

Comment

Looks good but I wouldnt put my jeans through that kind of torture, much less with a $100+ pair of Kevlar reenforced jeans.

Comment

How wide is that tape? Can you make the pads with just on piece, or do you have to "laminate" multiple strips?

Comment

Haha.... you guys.

Its skateboard deck tape... about 3-5 bucks for a 12" x 28" piece... and its peel and stick... you can buy it anywhere... dicks, ems, zumiez, eastern boarder, any local skate shop.

As for wear and teat on jeans... its not bad at all. Youre not sliding and grinding your knees into your tank... its just when you need a little insurance in a turn or want to relax your hands and arms...

Comment

personally i would prefer my knees to have a nice slidey freedom of movement when hanging off in the twisties. the knee and weight shifting can help you a lot and even get you out of a few "scrapes".
                  i would not like my knees to be velcroed to the tank!
                  1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

How sticky is the adhesive? Duct tape level?

I'd like to play around with the stuff, but not if removal is a PITA.

Comment

Sticky, but not as sticky as duct-tape. It'll peel right off, if it's on for over 6 months, you may need to use a hair-dryer and a little go-gone... but it's pretty easy to remove.

Comment

Working...
                      X