> < cafe turn signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

> < cafe turn signals

hi all.. I'm working on a slight cafe modification and am looking to slim the profile of my '82 GS850GL a bit. Ive never noticed how honkin' these turn signals are until i washed the bike yesterday.. With my new bars, they feel out of proportion. Where is a good source for smaller turn signals? I had first thought of cutting the stock ones down, but I know enough to hold on the stock pieces in case I hit that 'what have i done??' moment any links or advice would be most appreciated, thanks!

There are buckets of different aftermarket signals you can use. I went with some mini-bullet signals that I found on eBay. Pretty sure that I ended up with different pairs from different sources for the front and rear.

Run a few queries in the parts section of eBay to see what comes up.

If you think the signals are huge, look again at the tail-light. What a monster!

You can pull that whole back end off without damage or destruction, and make room for a do-it-all rig that had tail-brake-signals-plate lights in one tidy lens.

Something like this could be pretty sexy.

Comment

yeah that stock tail light is a lunchbox. love that all-in-one non-DOT approved taillight/signal assembly! seeing as I do not like unnecessary attention from the local PO-PO, I will have to resist.. same reason I have a blue dot lens jewel floating in my toolbox for the last 10 years!

Comment

Someone posted a GS1100L with a HD sportster tail light on here once..
        It looked good.

slick setup where the plate mounts above the light..

This is that light on a Cafe'd goldwing

Comment

Nice wing!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Check out this place: http://japan.webike.net/

These turn signals are Daytona, made in Japan. They are made out of metal and beautifully finished. I got my bike registered with these signale here in Australia and they're pretty fussy here. I didn't have this taillight on though!

Comment

Just took some better pics, including the little brackets that help attach them to the bike. The brackets are actually designed for a Yamaha I think but fit my GS1100 perfectly. I also changed the lenses to clear after buying some different signals for my other bike. They were clear-coated alloy with clear lenses but look better with the amber, so now my black signals have the clear with amber bulbs.

All this stuff is available at Webbike.

Comment

Working...
              X