tank emblem screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tank emblem screws

just wondering if anyone has 2 of those tiny little screws for the emblems on the fuel tank. who say, lives in or near victoria whom i could purchase from? tried going to a few stores including canadian tire and they don't have any that are small enough or with the same thread.
    thanks guys

mits, do you have any sort of a hardware store up there that sells screws individually? If not, send me a PM (along with your bike info so I can verify the size) and I'll get some from Ace hardware for you. It's where I got mine and they are allen heads too so it's less hassle to install.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I got my flat head allen's from Ace hardware store. Most hardware stores should have them.
      1979 GS850G
      2004 SV650N track bike
      2005 TT-R125 pit bike
      LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

I'm needing a set to,going to check the selection at Canadian Tire first.

Comment

I believe that the screws are 3 mm X 6 mm.
          You might get by with 3 mm X 7 mm screws but be careful that when tightened that they don't rupture the fuel tank.

Eric

Comment

Do you have a Brafasco in your area?

Comment

Fastenal will have what you need

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

I went to the Fastenal site and, as usual, no store within 100 miles of me stocks the 3 mm X 6 mm screws.
                But, my local hardware store does!
                I seldom understand how Fastenal stays in business.

There is a local store right next door to a NAPA Auto Parts store.
                I went into Fastenal looking for some metric bots.
                The idiot that was working hardly even knew that metric bolts even existed!!!
                Naturally, the NAPA store had what I was looking for which I made clear to the Fastenal employee when I left.

And why are they in business, again?

Eric

Comment

Fastenal refused to sell me just three screws of what I needed - said I needed to buy a box of 50 or 100. Won't shop with them again.
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

They pulled the same crap with me on some allen headed 8m machine screws. I ended up going to a large Ace Hardware and spent a little more.

Comment

Ironically there is a Fastenal a mile from my house, they have a pretty big inventory of hardware on hand but they never seem to have on hand what I need so I just go to the website and order from the website.

For example I needed a special #8-32 screw that's only 1/4" long and it's an Allen head screw. http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...l.ex?sku=24484 this particular screw is used to attach the visor lock post on one of my helmets, I tried everywhere to find the screw including the Bell Helmets website, the only place that it could be found was Fastenal.

The only thing I don't like about Fastenal is that in this particular case, I only needed a couple screws so I ordered a couple, 82 cents each, cool, the problem is they have set shipping rates so all together it ended up costing me like fourteen dollars, seeing as no-one else sells this screw I really had no choice.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Working...
                      X