No announcement yet.

What would my seat have looked like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll trade for a clean rear blue cowl!! But it needs to have matching pinstripes like my tank.

Comment

Originally posted by capnjim View Post
      Geez...I never thought anyone would want that crappy seat.
      I was thinking of keeping the pan and re-building it. They must have comfy new foam that will be better than something 35yrs old.
      I guess it won't hurt to ask. Problem is I am in Canada and shipping won't be cheap.
      What would be a fair price for the fairing??
      I saw a rear cowling with that paint scheme recently...can't remember if it was here or EBay. Have you posted in Parts Wanted yet? EDIT- just saw your ad

That seat, as hideous as you think it is, must have been loved by the person who put it on the bike. If there is one, there are more...I'd put it up on EBay, set a reserve, and let the bidding happen. It can't hurt to try.

Was your plan to just strip the foam and recover it?
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Yeah..I was thinking of keeping the pan and getting a new cover. Now, a fellow GS'er says he has an original seat for sale so I might go that route.
        Although...if I get a new cover I can get some better higher density padding that might be more comfortable....its a tough decision.

Comment

Working...
        X