cafe seat for 77gs750b?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cafe seat for 77gs750b?

Been trying to find a cafe style seat for my 77 gs 750b, haven't been able to find any sites that offer cafe style seats..least for my year/model. Anyone have some they can share.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-1979-Su...#ht_1134wt_952

Comment

Have seen those, would prefer to not have to pay $84 for shipping and wait over a month as it is quoted as since it's overseas. Something from the US.

Comment

erm, build one?

Comment

http://www.legendary-motorcycles.com/ made my seat. You'll need to do some work to get it mounted though.

Otherwise, niko has the right idea. Strip down your seat pan and build a seat from that.

The 750 has a long back end frame, most of which is used for the fender, tail piece and rear lights. If you are going cafe, you will most likely need/want to chop about 6 inches off the back end. So you better be sure this is where you want to go with the bike.

Comment

I'd try Dime City Cycles, Hotwing Glass and Mike's XS. All make good quality seats, and some supply the upholstery, too. You can mount them using your existing hinges and latch, or just bolt them to your frame.

Comment

Any idea if these would fit the 1978 GS1000?

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoBob View Post
                I'd try Dime City Cycles, Hotwing Glass and Mike's XS. All make good quality seats, and some supply the upholstery, too. You can mount them using your existing hinges and latch, or just bolt them to your frame.
                Most of the seats in the Dime City catalog are made by Legendary, so pick them based on shipping and price, I guess.

Legendary (and, in turn, DC) offer some plug-n-play gel pads that you can add to their pans with velcro, contact cement, etc. Some of the Legendary seats have a snap upholstery option, which is what my seat has. When I got mine, though, the prices were much lower. My seat in ABS with upholstery was only $175 a little more than a year ago, but now the same one costs about $250.

Comment

Working...
                X