Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint Schemes/color chips?

Hello,

Does anyone know where I may be able to find information on what color schemes were available in what year (and if possible information on the corresponding color chips)?

I am about to pick up a GS650GXL in the 2 tone blue scheme, but I also really like the look below and would like to mock up a part in both schemes to make up my mind.

I didn't check to see if you had gotten your mega-welcome from Basscliff yet but in the meantime, go here

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

look up your bike and click on frame covers. It will give you the different colors available as part of the part number (last couple of digits). Also, your bike is an 81 GS 650 GLX versus GXL. The X is the year while the GL is the "cruiser" version.

Forgot to add, there's also a "color chart" link in there to look at.
    Last edited by cowboyup3371; 06-06-2012, 08:08 PM.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks so much for the tips!

Comment

Comment

Don't know if knowing the actual Suzuki paint names and codes will help much. When I was mixing paint I never was able to find a formula for any Suzuki motorcycle paint codes, but best of luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
          X