No announcement yet.

Tarozzi Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome. Thanks a lot for the pics. Lucky that you snapped those when installing the bike.

If you went home and pulled your brake pedal just to take the pictures, . . .

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post
      If you went home and pulled your brake pedal just to take the pictures, . . .
      Not exactly, but I'm sorry to report........
      -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

So I got the special wrench and too a stab at adjusting that brake lever.

It is a Rubik's Cube of puzzles.

The lever is in the position shown in allojohn's pic. The brake end is as high as it can be while still engaging the return spring. The pedal's angle, however, is a bit low and makes it hard to use the rear brake, since I have to "tip-toe" it to press down.

Rotating the brake lever up - I lose the return spring.

If I move the peg lever forward (to raise the pedal angle), it's too high. I can then move the brake lever down a notch to better engage the spring. But that creates a third problem. The brake pedal is in a good position, but the linkage angle ends up being too acute to work well. Indeed, it tries to pop the hook pins that tie the linkage together.

After several different iterations, I ended up back where I started, with the less than ideal pedal angle.

I wonder if it might work better to rotate the peg lever 180 degrees and try things from the bottom?

Comment

Yeah, I found the same with the pedal in the desired position I couldn't get enough pressure on the brake. Adjusting the M/C piston lifted the pedal which help with pressure but annoyed me no end.

I didn't try turning the contraption around but that's good thinking and may work.
          -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Working...
          X