If you got a GS with European or Daytona bars post a pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you got a GS with European or Daytona bars post a pic

I have an 87 GS450L that I am considering putting on European or Daytona bars. I would really appreciate if everyone that has a GS from the eighties to post a pic to help me decide. Thank you for anyone willing to participate.

like these ?

Comment

I prefer superbike or Euro bars over Daytonas. The Daytonas are a little too high up for me.

Here are some of my bikes (past and present) with the bars I like.

'81 750E, superbike bars:

'82 850G, superbike bars:

'80 1000G, Euro bars:
      sigpic

SUZUKI:
      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Awesome guys. Thanks for responding quickly. Yes, Griffin. Up until you posted I was preferring the Euro or superbikes. Just haven't decided. Some Daytona pics would be nice to see too. Anyone else feel free to keep them coming.
        Last edited by Guest; 07-08-2012, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ozman View Post
          like these ?

Yeah, I do. Im assuming those are Daytona ? A better pic would be awesome as I too have a metallic blue 87450L. If that's all you got, I thank you for what you posted.

Comment

Beautiful bikes, guys.

Comment

ozman. Is your rear luggage rack oem ? I'm also hoping to find a saddlebag that mounts between the front forks.
              Last edited by Guest; 07-09-2012, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Pearljam, this is the one I bought for my tools.

I don't have a picture of it on my bike though because it is still in the mail on its way to me and my forks are currently hanging and draining and awaiting seals and springs.
                It's leather and it was only $40 with S&H to Canada.
                Some here will say that having one will block your airflow, but I seriously doubt that.

Tank

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
                  Pearljam, this is the one I bought for my tools.

I don't have a picture of it on my bike though because it is still in the mail on its way to me and my forks are currently hanging and draining and awaiting seals and springs.
                  It's leather and it was only $40 with S&H to Canada.
                  Some here will say that having one will block your airflow, but I seriously doubt that.

Tank

Awesome bud, thanks. That's what I am looking for. I agree, you can't block a lot of air flow from the bag when the air intake is nearly pressed against the bottom of your seat. At least on my model. My understanding a lot of other models are in the same location. Sure the forks are a direct path to that location. But, I agree with you. Be so kind to post your feedback on my thread once you receive and mount.

Comment

I recently put Bikemaster Daytona bars on mine.

With original bars:

With new bars:

Had to try some different cables through trial & error. Let me know if you need some details in that area.

Comment

It looks like I forgot to post a link.

Fork bag on ebay.

The airflow that I read would be blocked was to the middle 2 cylinders.
                      I did some measuring though and it seems there would still be ample airflow around the fork bag to cool #2 & #3.

Tank

Comment

We only got Euro bars:

79 GS1000S
                        79 GS1000S (another one)
                        80 GSX750
                        80 GS550
                        80 CB650 cafe racer
                        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Superbike bars works best for me, all day comfort, really!

Comment

Originally posted by rteam2 View Post
                            I recently put Bikemaster Daytona bars on mine.

With original bars:

With new bars:

Had to try some different cables through trial & error. Let me know if you need some details in that area.
                            Yes, please. I knew the cables would be too long afterward. And I face the possiblilty of trying to hem up the old ones or buying new shorter. What do you suggest along those lines ?

Comment

I'll share mine. First I've been and still am, an avid sportbike street and track rider all my life. Having owned over ten bikes since I started. But, never imagined buying a cruiser up until a month or so ago. This is the way it looked the day I bought it. An 87 with 8600 miles, mint condition for 900 bucks. 1 female owner over the course of it's life. I love it. To my surprise a lot of torque for a 450. Very good gas mileage. But, sucks for ground clearance. I love the curves.
                              Last edited by Guest; 07-19-2012, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X