Look what came in the mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CEEDUBB View Post
    I am just looking for a temporary fix for now. I just dont want it to look horrible until then.
    Then I'd find some red rattle-can that is close to the red you want and do both covers. Then when you have the money to do a pro job, do all the plastics at the same time.

Alternatively older 550s have black side panels that don't match their tanks so you could go that route. The black paint would probably be pretty cheap too.

Comment

Stainless steel (colored)appliance paint would get you a color close to the brushed look

Comment

I tried a few colors, and they sucked. I did buy a can of chrome spray paint and it turned out looking like brushed aluminum, but when on the bike it looked HORRIBLE! I forgot to take a picture of that. Went to the auto parts store and they had a can of spray that the lid on the can matched my other side cover exactly. Got home sprayed it, and the true color was WAY off the color on the lid. Ended up blending two colors of spray paint to get the color I wanted, and it turned out pretty good for a "quick fix".

When I got it.

after sanding

The color that was supposed to match...

My blended job of two different spray paints.

Comment

The final result doesn't look too bad in that picture, as far as color matching. Are you going to hit it with some clear to bring out the shine a bit or is this good enough for now?

Comment

I wanted to make sure the color was close enough before I added the decal and glossed it. I didnt have an emblem so I added the decal instead.

Comment

What? College football bike? Who would do such a thing?

Comment

Oh boy...I can tell the off topic area is going to be interesting this fall.

Comment

Working...
                X